Support » Plugin: Caldera Forms - More Than Contact Forms » 1.5.0.4 Conflicts With Yoast SEO

  • Resolved amsgator

    (@amsgator)


    There appears to be a conflict between the 1.5.0.4 update and the Yoast SEO plugin. I deactivated all my plugins and then reactivated 1 at a time and the Caldera Forms plugin causes the Yoast dashboard to be blank. Once I deactivate Caldera the Yoast dashboard is back.

    broken-yoast

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • I’m not so sure.. All good on my test site

    Plugins Installed

    Yoast Loaded Fine

    With nothing activated on mine except caldera and yoast I get what’s in my image. I’m not sure why (and don’t know if there’s a log I can pull?). I’m about to go back to 1.4.9 and see what happens.

    1.5.0.3 isn’t conflicting for me. I guess I’ll be running that for a while.

    • This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by amsgator.

    Interesting..

    What theme are you using?
    If possible try switching to 2017 theme to test.

    Theme is Divi. I’ll clone my site to switch the theme as soon as I can. I don’t want to do it to a live site “just in case.”

    (@amsgator) “just in case” Absolutely! If you’re using installatron to install WP (or other platforms – some hosts include it in their cPanel) it’s so easy to manage cloning for testing and Backups.

    So, on the test site I installed Divi Version: 3.0.34 and checked ..
    Yoast still works.

    I’m stumped on this one. Other than possibly hosting environment, I have nothing left. sorry.

    I’d be interested in what you find.

    Divi Installed

    I just tested it on another site I have that’s also Divi and same thing. I’m going to try it with 2017 ASAP. I hope to get to it this weekend and I’ll let you know what I find.

    Yea so even worse…on a different site than the first…with no other plugins activated except Caldera my backend is blank. This is 1.5.0.4. Downgraded to 1.5.0.3 and everything works again. Different server. Same web hosting company. Gah.

    blank

    • This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by amsgator.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by amsgator.

    I’m at my wits end. I setup a new installation on the same server. 1.5.0.4 works fine with TwentySeventeen and Divi. I give up.

    I installed the master version when 1.5 had it’s big ordeal when it first came out. I’m not sure if that caused something? I think I am going to try to uninstall Caldera, delete the database tables and try again.

    okay…if I switch from my child theme to Divi on the “problem” site it works. Now to go through and see what it doesn’t like about my child theme. Making progress…

    EDIT: I figured it out…when I removed the function in my functions.php file that stripped query strings it crashed Caldera. Apparently something was changed between 1.5.0.3 and 1.5.0.4 that needs query strings? Really odd…

    Opened issue on GitHub: https://github.com/CalderaWP/Caldera-Forms/issues/1353

    • This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by amsgator.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by amsgator.

    Resolved on GitHub

    When you remove that query arg, you’re likely to get a version of the script form an older release loaded from the caching. I know Google Page Speed tells you to do this, so files cache longer, but the reason those ver query strings are there is so when a plugin updates, you actually load the updated version of the script or style, not the older one.

    The effect of what you’re doing is loading a mismatch of scripts from different versions of the plugin, and its leading to errors. You shouldn’t remove that filter.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘1.5.0.4 Conflicts With Yoast SEO’ is closed to new replies.