Support » Plugin: Pardot » 1.4.9 Released

• ResolvedPlugin Author Cliff Seal

(@cliffseal)

Pardot plugin version 1.4.9 is now available! This is a minor maintenance release that fixes several things:

* Fix – Set autoload to false when updating options to prevent large DB value from being loaded into memory
    * Maintenance – Move authorization to headers to conform with API docs. Thanks @adelawalla!
    * Fix – Ensure proper counting when looping through assets. Thanks @stefanwiebe!
    * Fix – Update settings screen text for finding API key
    * Fix – Remove undefined tb_close JS function causing console error

Version 1.5 is actively being worked on and is mostly finished—it is a complete rewrite of the code base, which will alleviate some of the known issues with “cache keys” and large database rows.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Hi Cliff, the latest release shows”Warning: This plugin has not been tested with your current version of WordPress.” WordPress shows compatible up to version 4.9.9.

Plugin Author Cliff Seal

(@cliffseal)

Thanks for pointing that out, @bithya. I’ve updated that information as this release has been tested with the latest version of WordPress.

appleqi

(@appleqi)

Hey, Cliff,

We actually found a few errors when running the new version of the plugin.

726 PHP Recoverable fatal error: Object of class stdClass could not be converted to string in /nas/content/live/{ouraccoutname}/wp-content/plugins/pardot/includes/pardot-template-tags.php on line 94

7 PHP Recoverable fatal error: Object of class stdClass could not be converted to string in /nas/content/live/{ouraccountname}/wp-content/plugins/pardot/includes/pardot-template-tags.php on line 97

Are those something you guys are fixing?

Thanks
    A

Plugin Author Cliff Seal

(@cliffseal)

Thanks @appleqi. Can you give me some more details about where/when you’re seeing this?

appleqi

(@appleqi)

Yes. My site went down yesterday and my host wpengine helped me to run a check. Then these came up. We then deactivated the plugin, my site runs back normal again.

Hope this help. 🙂

Plugin Author Cliff Seal

(@cliffseal)

@appleqi Do you have any more details on what triggered this error? Are you using a particular widget throughout the site? Was it working properly prior to the upgrade? Any other detail you can give will help me troubleshoot.

• This reply was modified 10 months ago by Cliff Seal.
    appleqi

(@appleqi)

That’s all been checked out.

It was running well before. We just found out our site isn’t loading yesterday and asked my host to run the test. That’s how we found those lines out. It might have existed for one day or two but not longer.

Don’t think we run any particular widget. Nothing got changed before this happened. It shows that my plugin is been updated 2 days ago. So I suspect that is because of the update but not 100% positive.

• This reply was modified 10 months ago by appleqi.
    Plugin Author Cliff Seal

(@cliffseal)

@appleqi Thanks. Can you try to confirm you’re running 1.4.9 and nothing’s been edited? Line 94 in includes/pardot-template-tags.php is a code comment, so something seems off.

appleqi

(@appleqi)

Yes it is 1.4.9 and nothing has been edited.

Plugin Author Cliff Seal

(@cliffseal)

@appleqi Ok, something is off, then. The error message wouldn’t cite a line with a code comment. Can you send paste the code in includes/pardot-template-tags.php, starting with line 79 (function get_pardot_tracking_js()) to the end of the file?

Hey Cliff, our disk is still getting filled up with PHP error logs that we believe are coming from the Pardot plug-in, despite this update. Our host needs to clear out the error codes for us each time we need to login to wordpress. Any ideas on why this might be happening?

Here’s the note from our host:

The logs seem to be filling up in relation to a MASSIVE query (11,408,547 characters in length), related to the plugin “pardot”. Here’s the last bit of the query:

`
    WHERE option_name = ‘_pardot_cache_keys’
    `

I do see a “Clear Cache” button on the Pardot settings screen: https://www.biodesix.com/wp-admin/options-general.php?page=pardot

Does clicking that prevent this query from getting so huge?

We did just clear the cache, for what it’s worth.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by sszastrow.
    • This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by sszastrow.
    Plugin Author Cliff Seal

(@cliffseal)

Hey @sszastrow,

This is a known bug with the current version of the plugin. Take a look at the recommendations here: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/site-times-out-from-transient_keys-and-cache_keys/#post-11177934

If you would, let me know if that fixes it for you like it has others. I’m preparing this fix for a future release.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘1.4.9 Released’ is closed to new replies.