• Plugin Author Cliff Seal

(@cliffseal)

Pardot plugin version 1.4.12 is now available!

1.4.12 is a minor maintenance release that includes some security enhancements and fixes a bug with the title attribute not showing on forms.

If showing the title attribute is important to you, click “Clear Cache” on the settings page to ensure the latest markup is displayed.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Updating to 1.4.12 seems to be resulting in a critical failure on my client’s instance.

Upon updating, it results in error when you visit any page, saying:
    “There has been a critical error on your website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.

Learn more about debugging in WordPress.”

Any documented issues here?

Plugin Author Cliff Seal

(@cliffseal)

Thanks for the report, @thunderstork. Are you able to access any error logs?

Hi @cliffseal ,

We are getting this fatal error.

[04-Feb-2020 18:10:31 UTC] PHP Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '/dom17228/wp-content/plugins/pardot/includes/pardot-crypto.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php') in /dom17228/wp-content/plugins/pardot/pardot.php on line 61

In meantime, is there a .zip with the previous version available for us to roll back to?

• This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by thunderstork. Reason: include request for old version of plugin
    Plugin Author Cliff Seal

(@cliffseal)

@thunderstork Actually, it looks like a file didn’t get properly uploaded to the repo. Can you manually update your plugin to ensure the proper file is added?

The missing file was includes/pardot-crypto.php.

You can click the Download button on the plugin page or use this link: https://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/pardot.zip

• This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by Cliff Seal.

That fixed it. Thanks for the swift response @cliffseal!

Plugin Author Cliff Seal

(@cliffseal)

Definitely! Thanks so much for reaching out so quickly—you saved a lot of folks a lot of trouble (myself included). 🙂

Following update to Pardot 1.4.12 from 1.4.11 caused SendGrid to break with

SendGrid: wp_mail has been declared by another process or plugin, so you won’t be able to use SendGrid until the conflict is solved.

Rolled back to 1.4.11 to resolve the issue for now.

Thanks,
    Jason

Plugin Author Cliff Seal

(@cliffseal)

Hey @jbiggsdi,

Thanks for the report. The plugin doesn’t have any references to that particular function. Are there any other plugins that might be suspects?

If not, you might consider getting a touch with the SendGrid folks.

Plugin Author Cliff Seal

(@cliffseal)

@jbiggsdi I understand more of what’s happening now, including how this could be happening when we don’t reference that function. I’ll follow up with a solution soon.

If you’d like to test out a working hotfix, try commenting out line 55 in pardot.php.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by Cliff Seal.

Awesome. Thanks!

Ryan H

(@climberinteractive)

Hey there! I’m having issues after upgrading from 1.4.11 to 1.4.12.

The plugin seems to download and update without error, but after refreshing any admin page, I get the error:

Warning: Use of undefined constant AUTH_COOKIE - assumed 'AUTH_COOKIE' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /app/public/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 780
    Sorry, you are not allowed to access this page.

I tried manually downloading the pardot zip above and same issue. I’m running the latest version of WordPress and this is a multi-site.

I realize the error message above is a generic one and doesn’t reference Pardot plugin files directly, but this is the only error that’s printing in the error log after updating only the Pardot plugin.

I appreciate any help. Thanks!

I had the same issue as Ryan H. My site is running multisite and removing lines 54-56 in the pardot.php file fixed the issue. (lines below).

/* This require is needed for wp_salt() which is used in the old method of decrypting if openssl is available
    * otherwise we’ll get an undefined function error for wp_salt() during the password reencryption
    */
    if ( !function_exists(‘wp_salt’) && defined( ‘ABSPATH’ ) && defined( ‘WPINC’ ) ) {
    require_once ( ABSPATH . WPINC . ‘/pluggable.php’ );
    }

Plugin Author Cliff Seal

(@cliffseal)

@climberinteractive For a hotfix, do exactly what @volpc mentioned (thank you for that!).

The file inclusion is breaking some things in specific contexts and we’re working on an update, but you shouldn’t have any negative side effects from just removing those lines for now.

Plugin Author Cliff Seal

(@cliffseal)

@climberinteractive @volpc We’re testing this change, currently, which moves the inclusion to the function where it’s needed: https://github.com/pardot/pardot-for-wordpress/pull/38

Feel free to make those updates to your plugin and let me know if that fixes it for you.

Plugin Author Cliff Seal

(@cliffseal)

Version 1.4.13 of the plugin should fix the issues discussed here.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘1.4.12 Released’ is closed to new replies.