Support » Plugin: Spreaker Shortcode » 1.3.0+ Breaks All Existing Usages – Backwards Compatibility Missing?

• Resolved collectonian

(@collectonian)

I generally update all of my plugins as soon as new updates are available, and did the same with Spreaker. Unfortunately, the new version 1.3.x, updated to support the nice new player, is apparently NOT backwards compatible. The required parameters changed, leaving all of my existing posts with Spreaker shortcode use broken.

Previous code, per the documentation up through 1.2.5:

[spreaker episode_id=xxxxxx]

But now it must be:

[spreaker type=player resource=”episode_id=xxxxxx”]

And while the documentation doesn’t specifically identify type as required, after the upgrade, all of my existing posts start displaying errors of “type required”.

Fortunately, I still had 1.2.5 in my SVN and was able to roll back. As manually changing 90+ posts is not really something I desire to do, I hope Spreaker will either fix the shortcode to be backwards compatible or provide a tool to update all existing usages.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Plugin Author Spreaker

(@spreaker)

Hi there,
    sorry for that. I’m going to fix the backward compatibility right now. A new version of the plugin should be available shortly.

Plugin Author Spreaker

(@spreaker)

Hi there,
    I’ve just released the version 1.3.5 that should fix your issue and keep backward compatibility. When the type attribute is missing, the plugin will display the old (mini) embedded player (that’s the behaviour of 1.2.x plugin versions). In order to get the new embedded player, you should add type="player".

Marco

Thread Starter collectonian

(@collectonian)

Awesome, thank you! That works perfectly!

I look forward to trying out the new player on future posts 🙂

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘1.3.0+ Breaks All Existing Usages – Backwards Compatibility Missing?’ is closed to new replies.