Support » Plugin: Gallery Custom Links » 1.1.0 page update/refresh hang-up

  • Resolved olafberg

    (@olafberg)


    Hi Jordy,

    I opened a new topic for this issue since it is independed from the solved reusable gallery issue.

    When the plug-in is active and a gallery present on a wordpress page, the update/refresh of the page does not work correctly. After pressing the pageupdate/refresh button the button signals it is still (infinite) working and the page view does not refresh.
    When I view the rendered site itself the update seemingly happend correctly. So it is not a critical issue but still confusing for editors.

    I tested:
    this happens also if I do not change anything on the gallery itself but insert some text block with Gutenberg.
    this happens with reusable gallery block as well as with “normal” gallery block
    this does not happen, when the plug-in is dissabled
    tihs does not happen, when there is no gallery block on a page

    I tested on WP 5.1 with Ribosome Theme and twentynineteen Theme. PHP 7.0.33 and Firefox Browser

    Thanks for your support

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Plugin Author Jordy Meow

    (@tigroumeow)

    Hi,

    That happens when the server “breaks”, so basically when there is an error. Can you check your PHP Error Logs?

    I have an article here: https://meowapps.com/how-to-debug-wordpress/. There is also Check Network Activity on this page, you can also check this, it might help.

    Hi,
    I do not have access myself to the log-file but I check that with the IT-department

    Plugin Author Jordy Meow

    (@tigroumeow)

    Ok, let’s wait for that 🙂 That logs will definitely help.

    Hi,

    Same issue here. After rolling back to version 1.0.7 it works again. So it seems to be a plugin issue due to a change in the 1.0.8 upgrade.

    Plugin Author Jordy Meow

    (@tigroumeow)

    Hi,

    But what about the version 1.1.1 ?

    Hi Jordy,

    thanks for keep updating the plug-in so continuosly!

    I just updated to 1.1.1 and tested the issue on my system. The issue prevails althoug a little bit different. When the plug-in is activated clicking on “update” (in German Aktualisieren) button of a page does not hang-up but ends in an “update failed” message displayed, while actualy the update happens correctly.

    Last week I had acces to the php log but there was no error loged in relation with the plug-in / wp-instance. The IT thinks it is more likely the issue has to do with Javascript because the update in the background (i.e. on the sever/database) works but message displayed in the browser is false. I did not had time to check that, thats why I did not reply yet.

    Hi Jordy,

    I just updated to 1.1.2 and tested the page-update-issue. Sadly the issue prevails at least in my environment: page is updating but display an update-error

    Hi Jordy,

    I just tested the site with Chrome Browser and got the same issue. So it seems not specific to the browser.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.