• Resolved Dave Mackey

(@davidshq)

I’ve been using the Debug Bar no problem. Just upgraded to 0.8.3 and now I am getting a fatal error.

It appears that the issue is with debug bar’s integration with log viewer. I get an error as follows:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 536870912 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 130968 bytes) in /path/wp-content/plugins/debug-bar/panels/class-debug-bar-panel.php on line 65

What is weird is that there is no debug.log file in existence and WP_DEBUG is disabled on this WP install, so I have no idea what it is reading…

https://wordpress.org/plugins/debug-bar/

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • After updating I was getting a similar message:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 130968 bytes) in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/ ... /wp-content/plugins/log-viewer/includes/class-dbpanel.php on line 19

Activating Xdebug in MAMPs PHP panel and reloading the page I got the message:

Fatal error: Maximum function nesting level of '100' reached, aborting! in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/ ... /wp-content/plugins/log-viewer/includes/class-dbpanel.php on line 64

So I figured out disabling the Log Viewer plugin (v14.05.04) by renaming the folder would get rid of the error.

To make Debug Bar 0.8.3 compatible with Log Viewer I edited debug-bar/panels/class-debug-bar-panel.php and changed line 19 from:
    $this->__construct( $title );
    to
    $this->title = $title;
    which is similar to this solution:
    https://wordpress.org/support/topic/update-to-debug-bar-v-083-causes-recursive-_construct-in-debug_bar_panel

Plugin Author Dion Hulse

(@dd32)

Meta Developer

Hi all,

I apologise for this, I used the wrong syntax in the back-compat constructor and none of the extensions I tested it with used a __construct() method – Log Viewer obviously does though.

0.8.4 has been released to resolve this.

Thread Starter Dave Mackey

(@davidshq)

Thanks Dion!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘0.8.3 Causes Fatal Error’ is closed to new replies.