• After update of the plugin, my content fell below the sidebar on home page and single post. Furthermore, shortcodes started appearing here and there for posts meta info (tags, author, date and so on). In code these were invoked by apply_atomic_shortcode() function. As there is no change log for the theme, I can’t really see what is the change leading to this… Any insight from the author?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • I confirm that, my web was totally broken, I reverted to 0.5.4 version.

Theme Author Griden

(@griden)

Hi, Apologies if your child theme was broken.

The reason was, to submit new updates to the directory, we had to remove the use of apply_atomic_shortcode() within the theme files as it is no longer allowed and change them over to native WordPress functions.

You can get the old version of the theme here if required – https://downloads.wordpress.org/theme/oxygen.0.5.4.zip

Thread Starter Vladimir Vassilev

(@vloo)

I did revert to 0.5.4 too, but would rather prefer to see a solution in the future, that works around the ban on third-party frameworks (my guess for you being forced to go without the function), rather than leaving previous users with the older theme, unable to update safely or without much development efforts.

Apart from my hopefully constructive feedback, your theme is great and I appreciate your effort for bringing something really good to the community 🙂

Just want to say thank you! This is the same issue I am faced with. I do not want to revert to the older version thought. I will just discontinue this theme. Too much time and effort is being placed to get the site back in order.

Don’t get me wrong, the theme is great, but it gets frustrating when a simple upgrade warrants so much development effort.

For the records, I am working around the problem of content falling below the sidebar by re-adding below lines to child theme style.css

.content-wrap {
    float: right;
    width: 79.78723404255319%; /* 750 / 940 = 0.79787234042553 */
    }
    #content {
    float: left;
    width: 62.66666666666667%; /* 470 / 750 = 0.6266666666666667 */
    margin: 0 0 30px 0;
    }
    .page-template-fullwidth .content-wrap { width: 100%; }

Last line seems not needed. They were changed in 0.5.4->0.5.8 upgrade and, although not needed for parent theme, seem to still help for a child theme.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘0.5.8 in conflict with child theme styles’ is closed to new replies.