WordPress.org

Forums

List category posts
[resolved] 0.46.3 (Not 0.46.2) breaks excerpts (28 posts)

1. ikookmaar
    Posted 1 year ago #

Hi,
    As mentioned by others in the previous thread, supposedly "resolved" by 0.46.3, it breaks the automatic excerpts.
    Since I do not have custom excerpts, reverting to 0.46.2 worked for me.
    Awaiting 0.46.4 to resolve the problems of both...thanks.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/list-category-posts/

2. soulofmiami
    Posted 1 year ago #

I am also having the problem where 4.6.3 does not get the post content if there is no custom excerpt.

Here is my code:
    [catlist name=past-event,past-photos numberposts=-1 title_tag=strong excerpt=yes excerpt_size=35 excerpt_strip=no thumbnail=yes thumbnail_size=thumbnail thumbnail_class=alignleft]

Here is the page http://www.lifeisartfest.org/past/

No excerpts shown. None of those posts have custom excerpts, so it should be pulling the first portion of the post.

As always, thanks for the plugin and all the hard work!

3. krazywop
    Posted 1 year ago #

Same problem as Ikookmarr ... where can I find 0.46.2 so I can revert back please?

4. alby54
    Posted 1 year ago #

Actually it happened to me as well, but I solved the problem adding excerpt_overwrite=yes to the shortcode.... don't know if it might help in your case though.

5. BillTurner
    Posted 1 year ago #

I am having the same problem. If it helps I found that excerpt does work with this call: [catlist post_type=encyclopedia, numberposts=6, orderby=date, order=desc, excerpt=yes]
    But does not work with this call: [catlist name=volunteer-opportunities, numberposts=12, orderby=date, order=desc, excerpt=yes]
    So the bug does not occur when selecting by post_type, but does occur when selecting by name.
    As above, thanks for the hard work and a good reliable plugin I use all the time.

6. fernandobt
    Plugin Author

Posted 1 year ago #

I'm really sorry about this issue. This happens because of the lack of tests in my plugin. I've created a new release on GitHub:
    https://github.com/picandocodigo/List-Category-Posts/releases/tag/v0.46.4
    Please test it and let me know if it's working as expected. Once I have some users test it and make sure it's working I'll release version 0.46.4 here for everyone to update.

Thanks in advance!

My next priority for the plugin is writing the tests so this kind of issue doesn't happen so often.

7. nonenoknow
    Posted 1 year ago #

Dear picandocodigo,

that new releas results in a fatal error when trying to activate it:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare lpc_meta() (previously declared in /home/xxxx/public_html/wp-content/plugins/list-category-posts/list_cat_posts.php:131) in /home/xxxx/public_html/wp-content/plugins/List-Category-Posts-0.46.4/list_cat_posts.php on line 144

Regards
    Christian

8. nonenoknow
    Posted 1 year ago #

Besides that, I have to problem mentioned before with all of the given solutions, no matter if excerpt_overwrite=yes is included, if it is calling a category or by post_type etc.

Regards
    Christian

9. thinkmedia
    Posted 1 year ago #

I am getting a blank page since updating to 0.46.3

This is my code.

[catlist name="appetizers" thumbnail=no catlink="no" numberposts="-1" orderby="title"]

Where can I download 0.46.2???

Thanks

10. fernandobt
    Plugin Author

Posted 1 year ago #

You can download other versions here:
    http://wordpress.org/plugins/list-category-posts/developers/

Sorry for the inconvenience, I'll try to get this fixed tonight!

11. PdxFoodDude
    Posted 1 year ago #

When using this code:
    `[catlist id=387-4 excerpt=yes excerpt_size=75 numberposts=15 pagination=yes orderby=title order=ASC thumbnail=yes thumbnail_class="alignleft" posts_morelink="Read post"]

the excerpt length doesn't change no matter what I set it to (but at least it shows!).

If i set it so the html isn't stripped from the excerpt, it works just fine.

Thanks for the great plugin!

12. jwwestii
    Posted 1 year ago #

I just installed 0.46.4 and it fixed the problem of the descriptions not appearing. They are now showing on my site.

13. nonenoknow
    Posted 1 year ago #

0.46.4 still results in a fatal error on my site:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare lpc_meta() (previously declared in /home/xxxx/public_html/wp-content/plugins/list-category-posts/list_cat_posts.php:131) in /home/xxxx/public_html/wp-content/plugins/List-Category-Posts-0.46.4/list_cat_posts.php on line 144

Cheers
    Christian

14. nonenoknow
    Posted 1 year ago #

A speedy solution would be highly appreciated!

Thanks a lot
    Christian

15. krazywop
    Posted 1 year ago #

@picandocodigo

Thank you for providing the link to the previous versions. I have reverted to 0.46.2 and all is back to normal for me ... the excerpts have returned and everything is lining up the way it should. I also just wanted to thank you for all the time you are putting into this! It is much appreciated!

16. danicasati
    Posted 1 year ago #

Version 0.46.4 from Github fixes problem for me.
    Thank you.

17. jwwestii
    Posted 1 year ago #

one more small issue - there is no space between the date of the post and the beginning of the description. Minor- when you have time.
    View: http://communityassociations.net/association-issues/

18. jwwestii
    Posted 1 year ago #

chtrede: Make sure you deactivated the prior version. I had the same message until I did that. Once I confirmed 0.46.4 was in its own directory, I then deleted 0.46.3. Error went away.

19. fernandobt
    Plugin Author

Posted 1 year ago #

chtrede I was just going to suggest the same that jwwestii mentioned: Make sure you don't have two instances of the plugin activated, this can result in the error you're seeing.

Everyone thanks for bearing with me, unless your issue is with version 0.46.3 or 0.46.4 breaking the excerpts, please open a new topic. Thanks!

20. krazywop
    Posted 1 year ago #

Version 0.46.4 from Github is working for me.
    Thank you.

21. nonenoknow
    Posted 1 year ago #

Hi picandocodigo,

same result - if old version is deactivated or not.

Regards
    Christian

22. reddo
    Posted 1 year ago #

Version 0.46.4 fixes the issue for me! Great job!

23. WannesMorris
    Posted 1 year ago #

excerpt_overwrite=yes worked fort me, thanks alby54

24. Piggy1
    Posted 1 year ago #

0.46.4 From GitHub fixed the excerpt issue that I had. Thanks picandocodigo.

25. fernandobt
    Plugin Author

Posted 1 year ago #

Thanks everyone! Releasing version 0.46.4 now and marking this issue resolved. If anyone has a new problem, please open a new issue.

chtrede, please open a new issue for your error.

Thanks!

26. QuizToon
    Posted 1 year ago #

I am still having a problem with this - i dont have exceprts showing at all.

i am using Version 0.46.4 - this is a fresh install of WP and a new install of the plugin.

Should i revert to an older version, what is the solution for this?

Bee using the plugin for couple of years now and this is the first issue i have had.

Many thanks

27. cookiesandclogs
    Posted 1 year ago #

I am using version 0.46.4 but when I use 'excerpt=yes' the page comes up blank. I even tried reverting to 0.46.2 but to no avail. Thanks for any help!

(excerpt call is NOT included in below page so it actually shows)

http://www.cookiesandclogs.com/travel/

28. BillTurner
    Posted 1 year ago #

cookiesandclogs: Could you post a copy of the exact code you are using so that it could be 'debugged'.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

• List category posts
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Support Threads
  • Reviews

About this Topic

Tags