Support » Plugin: WP-Matomo (WP-Piwik) » 0.10.0.9/Multisite – no function at all since updating

  • Resolved PraetorIM

    (@praetorim)


    Since updating to 0.10.0.9. no Piwik-code is delivered. This affects all of our multisite-Installations.

    Also no settings are shown in the admin-section; you can see just the tabs-row, nothing else, no settings, no information.

    De-installation and re-installation didn’t solve the problem either.

    https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-piwik/

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • This plugin updates way too often anyway at the moment. It’s annoying.

    Plugin Author braekling

    (@braekling)

    Can you please try to downgrade to 0.10.0.8 (and if it still does not work to 0.10.0.7) and give me a short feedback?

    This will help me to identify the issue. I think it is the same than this one https://wordpress.org/support/topic/auto-configuration-multisite-trouble (Allowed memory size exhausted), but I’m not able to reproduce the issue in my multisite test environment.

    Plugin Author braekling

    (@braekling)

    I had a look at the last code changes, maybe this may help without downgrading:

    1. Open wp-piwik/classes/WP_Piwik.php
    2. Go to line 1078 and replace it with: if (!$siteId) $siteId = $this->getPiwikSiteId ();

    If you can try this, a short feedback would be great. Thank you!

    0.10.0.8 worked. The problem appeared on updating to 0.10.0.9.
    Downgrading to .10.0.8 solved the problem.

    It’s not a “Allowed memory size exhausted”-problem as there is enough memory for php.

    I tried it again:
    When updating to 0.10.0.9 a message appears to confirm the settings. Up to now all functions well.
    Now you go to the settings-page, and all settings will be shown. Then you click “Save” – and get a white screen. After accessing again the settings-page, you will see the page only up to the tabs-row (including the message above, that you are connected to your Piwik-Installation), but no settings appear. And no piwik-code will be injected to your site.
    When downgrading to 0.10.0.8 all is allright again

    Hello braekling,

    your workaround solved the problem.

    Plugin Author braekling

    (@braekling)

    Great, thank you. I will provide the official fix just in time.

    Rodorm: I’m sorry, but I think this legitimates one more update. Solving this issue, I expect to roll out a real 1.0 this weekend which will be up-to-date a longer time. Even testing in different environments + having a beta phase with users on a volunteer base was enough to respect all possible issues of more than 50.000 installations, so the big changes of 0.10.x required some addtional fixes. You can bet I have better ideas of spending my free time than fixing bugs. 😉

    @ Rodorm:
    Maybe there a lot of updates. But I love to use plugins that are actively maintained. And an update is just a click away.

    Plugin Author braekling

    (@braekling)

    Well, I also think the number if updates is not a problem. But, of course, he is right if he implicates that there are too many issues.

    On the one hand, it is great that so many users are working with WP-Piwik, on the other hand this makes the maintenance much harder. I can just invite users to join beta tests like the one I did for 0.10.x (https://wordpress.org/support/topic/100-become-a-beta-tester), but with just a few active participants every update is like a shot in the dark.

    I promise I do my very best to avoid issues (and accordingly unnecessary updates).

    @praetorim I had several problems with the latest updates in conjunction with W3 Total Cache. WP-Piwik just stops counting until the cache is deleted. Unfortunately, that’s a completely new behaviour which I didn’t expect and which resulted in data loss.

    @braekling: didn’t see the beta-post.
    If you ‘ll need a beta-tester any more, just tell me.

    @rodorm: this problem often appears after updating a theme/plugin/something else. Therefore it’s a good idea to clear cache after each update.

    Maybe there a lot of updates. But I love to use plugins that are actively maintained.

    Exactly!

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘0.10.0.9/Multisite – no function at all since updating’ is closed to new replies.