Support » Requests and Feedback » 0 privacy for user profiles on WP forums

• i just found out you can search a WP user on google and you can see what any user is posting on WP forums… as an anonymous user…

nice privacy handle WP team… at least let only the logged users see about other user profiles… not anyone on the web

let us hide our info and posts for: logged in users, friends.. etc

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Moderator Yui

(@fierevere)

ゆい

Forums are open.
    Some stuff is for logged in users only. But some is available for any visitor.

What kind of “privacy problem” you see here? Messages? Think what you post,
    no sensitive or private info.

just add your username to the profiles link

your profile:
    https://profiles.wordpress.org/fierevere/

i can see your activity just by searching on google, not even signed in

Moderator Steve Stern

(@sterndata)

Support Team Volunteer

read it… doesnt fix the actual problem 🙂

i only saw this feature on old type forums, like in SMF forums

but on others, you cannot freely search google for user content

Moderator Jan Dembowski

(@jdembowski)

Forum Moderator and Brute Squad

i can see your activity just by searching on google, not even signed in

Please read the link Steve provided. These are and always have been public community forums. Except for your account email and password here, both of which are never shared anywhere from here, all that content remains public. That include profiles.

This is not a privacy issue but there is a misunderstanding here. All posts, replies, reviews here are public. The intention is to help people when they search for info about WordPress, WordPress add-ons such as themes or plugins and problems they have regarding WordPress.

There was never any expectation that that information would be private or hidden and I’m sorry you misunderstood that.

Some portions are hidden if you are not logged in. That was never done for privacy, that’s to deter spammers.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by Jan Dembowski. Reason: Specificity
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.