Support » Plugin: Link Library » 0 link(s) imported, 0 link(s) updated

• Resolved schuster211

(@schuster211)

I’m really struggling to import links. I have downloaded the sample csv file — and as a test i was able import the one link in the file importtemplate.csv. When I add my own content into the columns and try and upload them they will not import and I get the message “0 link(s) imported, 0 link(s) updated” — any insights as to what I might be doing wrong? Any import gotchas regarding fields that must be populated?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Plugin Author Yannick Lefebvre

(@jackdewey)

Did you put data in all columns that had data in the sample? Can you provide your csv file so I can try importing it on my test server to see what the issue might be?

What software did you use to edit the CSV file? It is best to use a programming text editor. MS Excel does not do great at exporting csv files back out these days. OpenOffice or LibreOffice Calc are much better.

Please consider donating to support this plugin’s development.

I have been using Excel for Mac 2011. 14.0.2 — and when I exported the file as “Windows Comma Separated” the importing began to work! I still need to solve the formatting of the “Updated date” field as many values imported as January 1, 1970 and a few others as seemingly random incorrect dates. I will try again using LibreOffice — thanks for the suggestions, great plugin, and yes I will donate.

Plugin Author Yannick Lefebvre

(@jackdewey)

The format for the date is year-month-day. Glad you were able to import.

Yes — I had trouble until I used LibreOffice calc and formatted the dates as 2017/11/02. Thanks!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘0 link(s) imported, 0 link(s) updated’ is closed to new replies.