The zhiing Send-to-Phone technology by ZOS Communications creates a browser-to-mobile, mobile-to-browser instant messaging interface with embedded location information.
ZOS Communications provides a send-to-mobile / send-to-email widget for WordPress that can be placed next to any physical address on Posts, Pages, Widgets, or directly within PHP code, which enables that location to be sent to a phone.
When site visitors click on the send to mobile / email button a utility window opens. Users enter mobile numbers and/or emails and receive a pre-programmed message with a map route to the address.
Activating and implementing the Send-to-Phone plugin tries to be straight-forward. Please follow the directions below:
zhiing-send-to-phonefolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Set global options under
Settings >> Send-to-Phone
- Create an address in the Send-to-Phone Address Book
- Add `[send_to_phone address_id=XX /] shortcode to your post where XX is the id of the address you created
- Read the documentation about how to use the extended features of the
Our documentation contains a set of FAQs that is updated more frequently than the plugin itself. Please refer to the documentation for frequently asked questions.
Contributors & Developers
“zhiing Send-to-Phone” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
Interested in development?
- Updated documentation
- Author can override global options within a shortcode
- Author can override options associated with an Address within a shortcode
- Add/Edit screen has a “preview” button
- Streamlined plugin architecture and improved code organization.
- Administrator can preview global window changes from the Settings page.
- Administrator can copy default shortcode for a given address from the Address list/Plugin home screen to paste into Posts/Pages.
- Add/Edit address form now shows button images and a radio button.
- Author can create, edit and delete Addresses from the database
- Author can embed shortcode with address_id parameter into Post that reads address from the database, embeds the address and the Send-to-Phone button in a post.
- Author can test button in administration screen (address list) prior to adding to a post.
- Author can hide or show address next to button using shortcode. Defaults to “show.”
- Administrator can set global options for the following STP parameters: Logo Image, Logo Text, Logo HREF, Field Background Color, Page Background Color.
- Author can view Addresses using the “Manage >> Addresses” tab in the admin UI.
- Deleting the zhiing Send-to-Phone plugin from the WordPress installation follows best practices by deleting all data from database and removing all files.
- Administrator can Activate and Deactivate zhiing Send-to-Phone plugin.
- Author can use a WordPress shortcode to embed Address information and the Send-to-Phone button in a post.
- Author can use an enclosing WordPress shortcode to embed the Send-to-phone button next to an Address in a post.