- Download the archive.
- Use the WordPress "Add new plug-in feature" OR unzip and manually upload to your WordPress plugins directory.
- Check if files can be written in the /cache folder. If not so, change the folder permissions to 777.
- Activate the plugin from you WordPress Administration page.
When you activate the plugin a link YSlider is created in the left column of WordPress dashboard.
Once installed YSlider presents three menu items: YSlider, content and style / behaviours where it is possible to configure content and style parameters.
YSlider can be instantiated in pages with the shortcut [yslider] and can be configurated to override the default options, for example:
- [yslider posttitle="Recent movies"] to change the slider title
- [yslider posttitle="Recent movies" postwidth=700 postimgheight=300 postcontentheight=100] to have a slider 700px large with the main image 300px in height and the box containing the text 100px in height
All the available options:
- posttitle="what you want" to change the title (you can use posttitle="" to remove title and subtitle)
- postsubtitle="what you want" to change the subtitle
- postids="45,42,39" to select the post or pages in the slider (to make it work it is necessary to add the postrecent="off" option). (to find out post or page id, go to post or page list and hover with the mouse on the post or page title: you can see the id in the link that shows in the bottom bar of the browser window)
- postrecent="on or off" to show the last eight post or page published
- postwidth=600 to override the default slider width
- postimgheight=600 to override the default main image height
- postcontentheight=200 to override the main content default height
- postcarouselheight=600 to override the default carousel height
- postthumbheight=600 to override the carousel default image height
- postslideby=5 to override the number of the items for each slide
- postspeed=1000 to override the speed of the slide (in milliseconds)
- postinterval=2000 to override the interval between each slide when postautoplay="on" (in milliseconds)
- postdelay=2000 to change the amount of time to add to postinterval before the slider begins the slideshow when postautoplay="on" (in milliseconds)
- postcontinuous="on or off" to allow or not a circular navigation between items
- postautoplay="on or off" to allow slider autoplay