If you need to launch an offer or a promotions on your website, YITH Topbar Countdown plugin is the right tool for you.
With it you can add a pretty banner in the top of the screen with a simple countdown of the date of the offer you are launching.
You can also customize the banner and edit the background or typography of text.
Working demos are available here
Full documentation is available here.
Once you have installed the plugin, you just need to activate the plugin in order to enable it.
- Set the date when the countdown will stop, in “Countdown to” field of “Appearance -> Topbar countdown” admin page;
- Tick the option “Enable Topbar Countdown” of “Appearance -> Topbar countdown” admin page, in order to show the banner with countdown in the frontend;
Are you a developer? Want to customize the templates or the style of the plugin? Read on the documentation and discover how to do that.
If you have suggestions about how to improve YITH Topbar Countdown, you can write us so we can bundle them into YITH Topbar Countdown.
- English (Default)
Full documentation is available here.
- Installation Instructions
- Unzip the downloaded zip file.
- Upload the plugin folder into the
wp-content/plugins/directory of your WordPress site.
YITH Topbar Countdownfrom Plugins page
- Translation issue with the version 2.4.0
Recently YITH Topbar Countdown has been selected to be included in the “translate.wordpress.org” translate programme. In order to import correctly the plugin strings in the new system, we had to change the text domain form ‘yit’ to ‘yith-topbar-countdown’. Once the plugin will be imported in the translate.wordpress.org system, the translations of other languages will be downloaded directly from WordPress, without using any .po and .mo files. Moreover, users will be able to participate in a more direct way to plugin translations, suggesting texts in their languages in the dedicated tab on translate.wordpress.org. During this transition step, .po and .mo files will be used as always, but in order to be recognized by WordPress, they will need to have a new nomenclature, renaming them in: yith-topbar-countdown-.po yith-topbar-countdown-.mo. For example, if your language files were named yit-en_GB.po and yit-en_GB.mo, you will just have to rename them respectively as yith-topbar-countdown-en_GB.po and yith-topbar-countdown-en_GB.mo.
- Can I customize the topbar countdown banner ?
Yes, the page is a simple template and you can override it by putting the file template “tcountdown.php” inside the theme folder. You can also customize the style by adding your custom CSS in the specific option of the settings.
- Can I deactivate the ‘button’ on the right of the topbar ?
Yes simply leave the “Link” field label empty to achieve this.
- Have I to deactivate the plugin to hide topbar countdown banner ?
No, you can deactivate the topbar countdown even if the plugin is active.
Thanks for this plugin. It’s very well made and looks nice and professional.
A few things to make it perfect:
- Compatibility with Multilanguage sites (WPML)
- Where to display it options (only home, only shop, all pages, etc.)
- It will be great that when the target time is reached, it disables the Book Now button or better yet disable and close the countdown banner.
Keep on the good work, guys.
Was looking for a good free countdown plugin and found this one. Tried it out and have received great reviews!
There were 2 issues:
1. The bar was off centered when we added some text, however we were able to make it centered easily by just adjusting our CSS code.
2. There is an issue with section available for text after the countdown, but before the button. For some reason, no matter what we did, the text was always super close to the “seconds” text – it looked pretty bad. So we just got a little creative with our text before the countdown and didn’t include any text after the countdown.
All in all a solid free countdown plugin.
I really like and appreciate this plug-in. It worked great. However, I cannot use it simply because it disables the green padlock (makes it yellow due to unsecured fonts). I cannot use it on my SSL secured website.
Well, I certainly hope that I will be able to use it in the future. Please fix this guys.
This plugin worked exactly how I wanted it to. Had no problems whatsoever. I was able to customize the color of the topbar which was important.
Plugin sencilla e intuitiva para configurar . Hace su trabajo muy bien. aconsejado
Contributors & Developers
“YITH Topbar Countdown” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
1.1.0 – Released: 15 april, 2017
- New: Tested up to WordPress 4.7.3
- Tweak: Core update
- Fix: Removed old banner in plugin option
- Fix: Google fonts link
- Updated: Core framework
- Fixed: Call data remotely and in a bad way
- Added: Portuguese translation (By Diogo Kobbi)
- Added: Language files called yith-woocommerce-ajax-navigation
- Tweak: New wordpress translation text domain added
- Removed: All language files called yith_wc_ajxnav
- Fixed: Countdown doesn’t work in frontpage
- Fixed: Reflected Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
- Updated: Plugin documentation
- Updated: Core Framework
- Initial release