I run a site that talks about movies and TV series. Every month, very long lists of news from Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney +, etc. are published.
To make the list more interesting, a link to IMDB is added to each entry. A very slow and tedious procedure!
Hence the idea of creating Movie Helper! With Movie Helper you can simply search for the title you need, click on the cover and it will automatically be inserted in the post!
No shortcodes needed, no custom posts, just click and go!
How To use
Below the editor, you will find a new box where you will able to search for a movie or a tv show.
If you are using the classic editor, search and click the image to insert the link to the post.
If you’re using the new Gutenberg editor, search and click the image to create a list. Once you’ve done, click “insert”
to insert the list to the post.
Follow development on GitHub
- Navigate to Dashboard -> Plugins -> Add New and search for Movie Helper
- Click on “Install Now” and than “Activate”
Does it work only with TMDB?
Yes, at least for now. But it is designed to support more services.
Feel free to write into the support forum to propose new ones.
Does it work with PHP 8?
Yes, Movie Helper is 100% fully compatible with PHP 8
Contributors & Developers
“Movie Helper” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- TWEAKED: Minor Changes
- FIXED: PHP 8.1 compatibility
- FIXED: fixed link to review page
- NEW FEATURE: it is now possible to add, after the link, the release date, vote average and vote count
- NEW FEATURE: it is now possible to open link in new window
- FIXED: Wrong default value
- TWEAKED: TMDB Api key provided with the plugin.
- Added “comment not replied to” logo
- Added YASR logo and created Italian translation