When non-site admins sign up for a new blog via the wp-signup.php page, they are subjected to the following restrictions on their site name (that site admins are not subjected to):
* No dashes are allowed. * No underscores are allowed. * The name can not be all numeric. * Name must be at least 4 characters long
This plugin allows site admins to override each of those restrictions, toggling yes/no for the first three settings, and adding a minimum length for the name.
This plugin only affects blog creation via the sign up page. It does not affect blog creation via site admin -> blogs -> new blog
- Place the cets_blog_name_restrictions_override.php file in the wp-content/mu-plugins folder.
- Set parameters via Site Admin -> Options
- Can I set a minimum length of greater than 4 characters.
No – the plugin works by filtering the error codes returned from WordPress. No error code is returned if the name is more than 4 characters long.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“WPMU Blog Name Restrictions Override” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Updated the error code checking and error codes to use WP3.0 site language.