This plugin allows you to accept payments through Paddle payment gateway for your Easy Digital Downloads(EDD) store. You can accept payments through Credit/Debit Cards, PayPal, Wire Transfers (ACH/SEPA/BACS), Apple Pay, etc.
Paddle is a payment provider which acts as a reseller to your EDD store. Because of that they will take care of Sales TAX/VAT/GST compliance and invoicing the customer.
EDD Recurring Payments and Software Licensing integrations are only available in the PRO version.
- Once you install the plugin, configure it under “Paddle > Settings” menu.
- Vendor ID and Auth Code is available under “Developer Tools > Authentication” in your Paddle account.
- Public Key is available under “Developer Tools > Public Key” in your Paddle account.
- Copy the Webhook Url from your settings page and use it in “Developer Tools > Alerts / Webhooks”.
- Enable all “Webhook events” in “Developer Tools > Alerts / Webhooks”.
Why Use Paddle?
- Simple and easy setup process.
- Delegates tax compliance.
- Takes care of invoicing.
- Supports wide range of currencies.
- Fraud prevention.
- Accepts major payment methods.(PayPal, Wire Transfers, VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Diner’s Club, etc.)
- Low processing fees and absolutely free refunds.
- Provides a test/sandbox environment.
You can also use this plugin to integrate your WordPress site with Paddle payment gateway. You will be able to create payment link shortcodes, which you can use to generate a payment link from Paddle. Once a user clicks on the payment link, they will be redirected to Paddle payment page.
- Click Plugins > Add New from the WordPress admin panel.
- Search for “Easy Digital Downloads – Paddle Gateway” and install.
How can I test this plugin?
Paddle offers a sandbox environment which you can use to test this plugin as well as Paddle. You can start from here.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Easy Digital Downloads – Paddle Gateway” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- EDD integration.
- Initial release.