Safely accept credit cards with Easy Digital Downloads without the need to set up and maintain SSL certificates on your server or worry about PCI compliance.
Benefits & Features
- Charge credit cards without having to purchase or install a SSL certificate.
- PCI compliant for all credit card processing, and 256-bit SSL encryption.
- No set up, or monthly fees.
- No contracts, cancel anytime.
- Ability to create custom checkout pages to match your current site.
Unlike other hosted checkout pages we believe you should keep more of your money.
wpFortify charges a low 5¢ fee per successful charge ( Stripe fee not included ), and all test charges are always free.
- Easy Digital Downloads 2.0.4 or later
Automatic installation via the WordPress dashboard is the easiest, and fastest option. To do an automatic install of wpFortify for Easy Digital Downloads, log in to your WordPress dashboard, navigate to the Plugins menu and click Add New.
In the search field type “wpFortify for Easy Digital Downloads” and click Search Plugins. Once you’ve found our plugin you can install the plugin by clicking “Install Now”.
Downloading our plugin and upload it to your server via a FTP application or via WordPress dashboard. The WordPress codex contains instructions on how to do this here.
- Connect your Stripe account to wpFortify to get access keys.
- On your WordPress dashboard navigate to “Downloads -> Settings -> Payment Gateways”.
- Add a check next to wpFortify (Stripe)
- Enter your access keys.
Automatic updates should work as normal via your WordPress dashboard.
- How do I make test payments?
To make test payments just enable “Test Mode” on the Easy Digital Downloads general settings tab ( Downloads -> Settings -> General ).
- Stripe says SSL (https://) is required on my site?
Nope, when you use the “wpFortify for Easy Digital Downloads” plugin for payments SSL is not required on your site. We take care of all that for you so you don’t have to worry about it.
- Do you support subscriptions?
Sorry we currently don’t support subscriptions, but it’s on the short list to add in the future.
- Feature Requests & Support
Doesn’t work on WP 4.
Contributors & Developers
“wpFortify for Easy Digital Downloads” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Feature: Added billing option in settings.
- Fix: Removed PHP warning notices.
- Other: Added notice for missing access keys.
- Fix: Removed save card option since it’s currently not an option.
- Fix: Corrected default description error.
- Fix: Corrected identifiers for translate strings.
- Feature: Added new custom checkout text for title.
- Feature: Added new custom checkout text for description.
- Feature: Added new custom checkout text for save card.
- Feature: Added new custom checkout text for payment button.
- Fix: $iv warning in unmask function.
- Initial release.