WP-Universe creates a blog universe based on categories of a WordPress blog.
Blog universe is a WordPress blog which serves more than one domain/subdomain. WP-Universe does not require any coding/template editing
but automaticly handles the universe-creation. To explain the concept universe;
Let’s assume we have a blog – http://www.myblog.com – which is our main blog. Let’s say we have categories gaming, coding and life.
After enabling WP-Universe you can match categories to universe subdomains or domains;
Category Gaming -> http://gaming.myblog.com
Category Coding -> http://coding.myblog.com
Category Life -> http://life.myblog.com
With a simple configuration your universe will be;
- http://www.myblog.com – Main Blog / Universe / Serves all content from all categories
- http://gaming.myblog.com – Gaming Universe; will just serve content from GAMING category and it’s subcategories.
- http://coding.myblog.com – Coding Universe; will just serve content from CODING category and it’s subcategories.
- http://life.myblog.com – Life Universe; will just serve content from LIFE category and it’s subcategories.
Demos & Sites Using
WP-Universe runs on my main blog, check;
- Upload WP-Universe to your blog’s wp-content/plugins directory
- Activate the plugin
- Goto category managment and for each category you want to be served as sub-universes, put URL of sub-universe to categories description field.
- Enable/Redirect subdomain/domain to your WordPress installation.
To better understand step 3;
- Let’s say we got our blog at http://www.myblog.com and have a category named WordPress. We want it to be served as http://wordpress.myblog.com
- Goto category managment [Managment/Category Menu under WordPress Adminstration]
- Find WordPress category and click it to edit.
- Write http://wordpress.myblog.com to description field of the category and click “Edit Category”
- Add a subdomain using your hosting control panel/dns controller to your default IP.
- Do i need to add a code / edit template?
No WP-Universe needs to coding/editing at all. Everything is simple!
- Will it work with every plugin / theme?
WP-Universe uses standarts methods and hooks itself to WordPress default functions (get_posts).
So that every plugin/theme with standart coding guidelines will just work with WP-Universe.
- What about feeds?
Your feeds will also be universe enabled!