WordPress does not have a system for speed optimization by default. That’s why you need a powerful plugin that speed up WordPress with technical and advanced features, yet accessible to everyone.
WP Speed of Light starts with a cache and Gzip compression system, plus, you got a resource minification tool, a database cleanup system, an htaccess optimization and an auto cache cleaner.
When it comes to performance loading time, it require some test to identify witch plugin, theme, page may require more attention.
WP Speed of Light also includes a speed loading test and compare, and a database query speed test.
WP Speed of Light; speed optimization features:
- Generate static cache
- Selective or global cache for Desktop, Tablet and Mobile
- Activate Gzip compression
- Minify resources: HTML, CSS, JS
- Add Expire Headers (browser cache)
- Database optimization, clean: post revision, auto draft content, trashed content, spam comments, trackbacks and pingbacks, transients options
- Automatic clean cache on interval and cache cleaner button
- Automatic clean cache on content saving
- WooCommerce dedicated integration
- WordPress multisite compatible
WP Speed of Light speed testing:
- Page loading time, first load
- Page loading time, second load
- First byte time
- Time to start rendering
- Element served from cache in %
- Elements compressed with Gzip in %
- Percent on compressed images
- Run up to 200 page test per day (based on WebPageTest.org)
- Page builders compatibility: ACF, DIVI Builder, Beaver Builder, Site Origine, Themify builder, Live Composer, Elementor
Give a comfortable navigation experience to your users and get a better search engine rank!
Main plugins from JoomUnited:
- WP Media Folder: https://www.joomunited.com/wordpress-products/wp-media-folder
- WP File Download: https://www.joomunited.com/wordpress-products/wp-table-manager
- WP Table Manager: https://www.joomunited.com/wordpress-products/wp-file-download
- WP Meta SEO: https://www.joomunited.com/wordpress-products/wp-meta-seo
- WP Latest Posts: https://www.joomunited.com/wordpress-products/wp-latest-posts
Before leaving a review >> Feel free to ask questions here in the support section, we reply to every question!
A dedicated private ticket support is also available on the website.
Product page on the **[JoomUnited website]
Detailed documentation on the **[JoomUnited documentation section]
PHP 5.3+, PHP7 or 7.1 recommended for better performance, WordPress 4.5+
We would like to thank you the developers of the following plugins that have inspired us with their code or UX
- Simple cache
- Query monitor plugin
- Installation Instructions
To install the automatically:
- Through WordPress admin, use the menu: Plugin > Add new
- Search for WP Speed of Light
- Click on install then click activate link
To install the plugin manually:
- Download and unzip the plugin wp-speed-of-light.zip
- Upload the /wp-speed-of-light directory to /wp-content/plugins/
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Use the WP Speed of Light left menu
Once the plugin is installed, open the admin left menu menu.
- Is WP Speed of Light 3rd party compatible?
It is, of course we can’t test with all dynamic element yet you have some options to exclude some specific URL from optimization. Feel free to send us compatibility request on our pre-sale forum or on the plugin directory support forum.
- Is WP Speed of Light free?
Yes totally free of charge, fell free to install, update and even ask us questions on the WordPress plugin directory forum, if needed.
We used SuperCache, WPFastestCache aso.. But to get more then 90points from GoogleSpeed we took this plugin. And it works fantastic. It is easy to manage the functions. For minifying css and js we installed autoptimize. But you have also to enable the buttons in WPSpeedofLight for these options. You find it in “Speed Optimization” and then “Advanced Optimization” (blue bar). Enable here all functions. Also enable Gzip.
While I use WP Total Cache, I hate having to set it up. Some sites there is no choice, you need the fine granularity. For those that don’t I highly recommend WP Speed of Light. Setup is all of about 1 minute and out of the box I tested it with a clean TwentySeventeen theme and got A and B PageSpeed YSlow scores.
After cranking up Expires Headers in my htaccess a notch I got A 93 A 93… That’s without a CDN.
Thanks Speed of Light, you’re a real timesaver!
What i really like about this plugin how simple is it to use and how efficiently it delivers what it promises.
Also, we had some plugin compatibility issues and with the help of great (and fast) support they got resolved. 5 stars honestly deserved
One of the best cache plugins!
This plugin promises image optimization as one of it’s features, but only upsells you to a paid version – false advertising there.
Also I didn’t find it very user friendly- did everything that I guessed your were supposed to do, then my site speed came back even slower -so what’s the point?!!
Deleted and will try another plugin
This plugin gets good speed improvements and is easy to use.
Contributors & Developers
“WP Speed of Light” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Add : Dashboard: Add the PHP version check and File Group activation
- Add : Option to serve cache for desktop, tablet and mobile: Global, Specific or No cache
- Add : Detect mobile plugin theme provider and disable cache automatically (WPtouch…)
- Add : Page builders compatibility : ACF, DIVI Builder, Beaver Builder, Site Origine, Themify builder, Live Composer, Elementor page builder
- Add : Update the settings with On/Off button instead of checkbox
- Add : Activate by default the clean cache button in the toolbar
- Add : Change presentation text for ImageRecycle integration
- Fix : Enhance PHP 5.2 plugin deactivation
- Add : Add builtin translation tool
- Fix : Support for russian language in URL exclusion tool
- Fix : Check Gzip request
- Fix : Read data from another server
- Fix : Disable cache for admin user
- Add : Replace Curl by wp_remote_get to get data
- Fix : Add multisite compatibility: minify JS and CSS on multisite
- Fix : Remove header expiration code in .htaccess when plugin is disabled
- Add : Option to group js and css (after minification)
- Add : WooCommerce dedicated integration
- Add : Image compression ImageRecycle integration
- Add : Clean cache on plugin settings save
- Fix : Security, use wp_nonce in admin forms
- Fix : PHP7 warning Missing argument
- Fix : Add blank line to wp-config.php when activate and deactivate plugin
- Fix : Remove everything from wp-config.php on uninstall
- Fix : Cache activation message on first activation only
- Fix : Gzip cache not activated on some servers
- Add : Display clean cache button in frontend toolbar
- Fix : Cache and purge cache on comments
- Fix : Analysis cache size
- Fix : White screen in first install
- Add : Initial release