An easy way to add a sitemap on one of your pages becomes reality thanks to this WordPress plugin. Just use the shortcode [wp_sitemap_page] on any of your pages. This will automatically generate a sitemap of all your pages and posts.
Be carefull, this plugin do not generate an XML sitemap. It only allow you to list all your pages and posts on a single page. This is a sitemap for human not for search engines bots.
Why this plugin is useful?
Such a sitemap is useful for many reasons:
- Easy navigation for the users. They can find easily pages or previous posts
- Improve the SEO of a website
- Display all pages, posts and categories
- Display the Custom Post Type (such as: “event”, “book” …)
- Display the taxonomies
- Display only one kind of content using the attribute “only”, like
- Easy to use
- Possibility to customize the way it will be displayed through the admin panel
- Possibility to exclude some pages or some Custom Post Type (CPT)
- Posts and categories displayed hierarchically
- Has CSS class to customize it if you want
- Available in multi-languages (cf. English, French, Russian, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Czech, Persian …). You can add your own translation if you want
Want a WordPress developer? Want to add a translation? Feel free to contact me.
How to uninstall WP Sitemap Page
To uninstall WP Sitemap Page, you just have to de-activate the plugin from the plugins list.
- Does this plugin works for a huge website?
No. The sitemap is dynamically generated without using any cache. Trying to generate a huge sitemap will be very slow.
- Does it generate an XML sitemap?
No. The purpose of this plugin is to generate a sitemap on one of your pages. This is simply a list of all your pages and posts.
- Does it work with Custom Post Type?
Yes. It works fine with the Custom Post Type since version 1.0.4
- Is it possible to get only the pages, the posts or a Custom Post Type?
Yes, it is. You only have to use one of these shortcode:
[wp_sitemap_page only="page"]to display only the pages
[wp_sitemap_page only="post"]to display only the posts
[wp_sitemap_page only="category"]to display only the categories
[wp_sitemap_page only="tag"]to display only the tags
[wp_sitemap_page only="archive"]to display only the archives
[wp_sitemap_page only="author"]to display only the authors
- You can display any kind of Custom Post Type, using the keyword of the post type inside the “only” attribute. For example:
- Which languages does WP Sitemap Page support?
This plugin is available through the following languages :
- English (default language)
- French (
fr_LU) by Tony Archambeau
- Russian (
ru_RU) by skesov.ru
- Dutch (
nl_NL) by EvertRuisch
- Farsi/Persian (
fa_IR) by Seyyed Mostafa Ahadzadeh
- Italian (
it_IT) by Nima
- Spanish (
es_ES) by Raul
- Czech (
cs_CZ) by Roman Opet
- Polish (
pl_PL) by Mariusz
- Deutsch (
de_DE) by Arno
- Swedish (
- Portuguese and Brazilian Portuguese (
pt_PT) by Miguel Müller
- Finnish (
fi_FI) by pokis.fi
- Hungarian (
- Hebrew (
he_IL) by Ahrale
- Bokmål (
nb_NO) by Ã˜ystein
- Romanian (
- Indonesian (
- Japanese (
- Ukranian (
- Chinese (
If you want to add another language, feel free to contact me in order to send the file with the correct translation files (.mo and .po). Thanks a lot!
and is easy to customize.
thanks, is simple to use and works for seo
- Add main CSS class wrapper to add a style for the entire sitemap
- Possibility to sort the posts ascendent or descendent
- Add Ukranian and Chinese translations
- Oups, the last translations were not send properly. Here it is.
- Add Romanian and japanese translations
- Functionality to sort the pages, post categories, authors or Custom Post Type (CPT)
- Small fix about a core WordPress update
- Add Bokmål translation
- Add Hebrew translation
- Add Hebrew translation
- Fix a compatibility problem with WPML (more details here : http://wpml.org/forums/topic/wp-sitemap-page/ )
- Update the translation for the following language: French, Russian, German, Sweden, Italian, Spanish, Hungarian and Portuguese.
- Add the taxonomy
- Feature to add a nofollow attribute to the page, post and custom post type links
- Feature to show only the private pages
- Fix bug about the missing <ul> tags
- Fix the class attribute name of some <h2> tags
- Do not display the titles with the attribute display_title=”false”. It give the opportunity to create a sitemap in any languages of your choice
- Improve the functionnality to exclude pages and posts
- Possibility to exclude the content protected by password
- Add some hooks to help others developers to adapt the sitemap
- Possibility to add a sitemap with any of these elements : category, tag, archive or author
- Improve the back-office interface
- Possibility to add a link about the plugin at the end of the sitemap
- Update of the translation
- Filter only one kind of content using the shortcode with the attribute “only”
- Add languages : Finnish and Hungarian
- Add languages : Deutsch, Swedish and Brazilian Portuguese
- Add archives pages on the sitemap (optional)
- Add authors pages on the sitemap (optional)
- Improve the security
- Add polish language
- Add czech language
- Do not display duplicate entries when user are using some plugins such as WPML
- Add spanish language
- Add italian language
- Possibility to exclude all the posts, all the pages or any Custom Post Type
- Add persian language
- Fix a problem with the Custom Post Type that are not hierarchical
- Add and update some translation (Russian and Dutch)
- Add the Custom Post Type on the sitemap. There was an error in the 1.0.4 version
- Possibility to exclude some pages
- Fix some translation bug
- Add the Russian language, French (Belgium, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Canada)
- Fix some bug
- Include the Custom Post Type on the sitemap
- Possibility to customize the way the posts will be displayed
- Fix a translation error
- Fix a bug of a function that has been renamed.
- Add french translation
- Initial Release.