When displaying results from a search many people prefer to display the section of the resulting
post/page that includes the match, rather than the full post or standard excerpt. This plugin adds
a filter to process search results and only display the content either side of the first result
for the given search.
- Add automated tests
- Make the padding around results value configurable
- Solicit user feedback on further options
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Contributors & Developers
“WP Search Extracts” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Fix issue where matched term is near the beginning of the string, which could cause duplication in results (thanks to Ben Walker)
- Consolidated code for first release