- Enhanced: Copyright updated.
- Fixed bug: Word trimming no longer adds extra closing tags at the end.
- Fixed bug: Presence of
idna_convert class no longer causes infinite redirects on some servers.
- Fixed bug: Warning of unterminated comment no longer thrown in PHP 5.5.
- Fixed bug: Added default value for "Unique Titles" option.
- Fixed bug: Having a the port number specified with the database host no longer causes issues with the
mysqli adapter in System Info on some servers.
- Fixed bug: Nested options of inline help controller no longer cause a fatal error.
- Fixed bug: Notices will no longer be displayed during rendering of feed items due to absence of required default values.
- Fixed bug: No warning will be thrown when fetching feeds.
- New: Optionally import only items with titles that don't already exist.
- Enhanced: Accessing feeds over HTTPS is now possible.
- Enhanced: Added support for multibyte strings in some places.
- Enhanced: Increased JS compatibility with other plugins.
- Enhanced: Increased UI support for mobile devices.
- Fixed bug: Having no mysqli extension no longer causes an error to appear in the debug info.
- Fixed bug: Saving an empty license key no longer results in a warning.
- Fixed bug: The "Force feed" option wasn't being correctly used.
- Fixed bug: The "Force feed" option was being removed by the Feed to Post add-on.
- Enhanced: The Help page now includes a support form if a premium add-on is detected.
- Enhanced: Updated some translations for admin options.
- Fixed bug: Help tooltips are now optimized for iPad screens.
- Fixed bug: Errors on the licensing page when a license code has not yet been entered.
- Enhanced: AJAX license activation.
- Enhanced: License form more reliable.
- Enhanced: license-related UI improvements
- New: Markdown library added. Changelog now read from readme.
- Fixed bug: Saving license keys not longer triggers error in some cases.
- Enhanced: Admin user will now be warned about invalid or expiring licenses.
- Enhanced: Admin notices logic centralized in this plugin.
- Fixed: Multiple small-scale security vulnerabilities.
- Fixed: Ampersand in feed URL no longer causes the product of generated feeds to be invalidated by W3C Validator.
- Enhanced: Added more logging during feed importing.
- Enhanced: Irrelevent metaboxes added by other plugins are now removed from the Add/Edit Feed Source page.
- Fixed bug: Valid feed URLS were being invalidated.
- Fixed bug: The Blacklist feature was being hidden when the Feed to Post add-on was enabled.
- Fixed bug: Patched a vulnerability where any user on the site can issue a feed fetch.
- Fixed bug: The "Activate" and "Pause" actions are not shown in the bulk actions dropdown in WordPress v4.1.
- Enhanced: Some minor interface updates.
- Enhanced: Added filters for use by the premium add-ons.
- Enhanced: Added output layouts for feed sources and feed items.
- Enhanced: Updated EDD updater class to version 1.5.
- Enhanced: Added time limit extending to prevent script from exhausting its execution time limit while importing.
- Fixed bug: The "Delete and Re-import" button was deleting items but not re-importing.
- Fixed bug: Non-object errors when a feed source is deleted while importing.
- Enhanced: Improved the logging.
- Enhanced: Improved the licensing fields.
- Enhanced: Updated the EDD updater class to the latest version.
- Fixed bug: Small random error when viewing the licenses page.
- Enhanced: Added filters to the custom feed.
- Enhanced: Updated some styles to improve the user interface.
- Fixed bug: The "Remove selected from Blacklist" button had no nonce associated with it.
- Fixed bug: The Blacklist menu entry was not always being shown.
Enhanced: Re-added the "Add New" link in the plugin's menu.
Enhanced: Improved error logging.
Enhanced: Bulk actions in the Feed Sources page are now also included in the bottom dropdown menu.
Fixed bug: Add-on updater was prone to conflicts. Now enclosed in an action.
Fixed bug: The Full Text RSS Feeds add-on was not showing as active in the "Add-ons" page.
Fixed bug: Broken links in the "Add-ons" page, to add-on pages on our site.
- Enhanced: Improved plugin responsiveness.
- Enhanced: Updated some help text in tooltips with better explainations and added clarity.
- Enhanced: Optimized some old SQL queries.
- Enhanced: Added better debug logging.
- Enhanced: Added a new filter to modify the text shown before author names.
- Fixed bug: Licenses were not showing as active, even though they were activated.
- Enhanced: Improved internationalization in the plugin, for better translations.
- Fixed bug: If the feed source age limit was left empty, the global setting was used instead of ignoring the limit.
- Enhanced: Improved the user interface, with better responsiveness and tooltips.
- Enhanced: Removes the ID column. The ID is now shown fixed in row actions.
- Enhanced: Feed Preview indicates if feed items have no dates.
- Fixed bug: If a feed item has no date, the date and time it was imported is used.
- New Featured: Added filter to allow adding RSS feeds to the head of your site's pages for CPTs.
- Enhanced: Columns in the feed sources table are now sortable.
- Enhanced: Removed the ID column in the feed sources table. The ID has been moved as a row action.
- Enhanced: Improved various interface elements.
- Enhanced: Better responsiveness for smaller screen.
- Fixed bug: The importing spinning icon would get stuck and spin for a very long time.
- Fixed bug: Removed an old description meta field.
- Fixed bug: Plugin was not removing all scheduled cron jobs when deactivated.
- Enhanced: Optimized plugin for WordPress 4.0.
- Enhanced: Improved template and added filters for add-on hooking.
- Fixed bug: Editor toolbar visible over the WP RSS shortcode dialog.
- Fixed bug: Last import feed item count stays at zero.
- Fixed bug: Datetime::setTimestamp error when using PHP 5.2 or earlier.
- Fixed bug: The display limit was not working.
- Fixed bug: Minor bug in licensing.
- New Feature: Bulk importer allows you to create multiple feed sources at once.
- Enhanced: Improved OPML importer with added hooks.
- Enhanced: Centralized add-on licensing, fixing multiple bugs.
- Fixed bug: Undefined
feed_limit errors when using the shortcode.
- Fixed bug: Errors when using older PHP versions 5.3 or lower.
- Fixed bug: Errors when using older PHP versions 5.3 or lower.
- Fixed bug: Errors when using older PHP versions 5.3 or lower.
- Enhanced: Various improvements to the plugin interface and texts.
- Enhanced: Moved the restore default settings button farther down the Debugging page, to avoid confusion with the delete button.
- Fixed bug: Feed item dates were not being adjusted to the timezone when using a GMT offset.
- Fixed bug: Feed item dates are now adjusted according to daylight savings time.
- New Feature: Blacklist - delete items and blacklist them to never import them again.
- Enhanced: Added a button in the Debugging page to reset the plugin settings to default.
- Enhanced: WordPress Yoast SEO metaboxes and custom columns will no longer appear.
- Enhanced: Better wording on settings page.
- Fixed bug: The Links Behaviour option in the settings was not working.
- Fixed bug: The wrong feed items were being shown for some sources when using the "View Items" row action.
- New Feature: Feed items now also import authors.
- Enhanced: Custom feed is now in RSS 2.0 format.
- Enhanced: Improved the display template for feed items.
- Fixed bug: Custom feed was not working in Firefox.
- Fixed bug: Some feed items were showing items from another feed source.
- Fixed bug: The feed limit in the global settings was not working.
- Enhanced: Added an option to choose between the current pagination type, and numbered pagination.
- Enhanced: The Feed Preview now also shows the total number of items in the feed.
- Fixed bug: A PHP warning error was being shown in the System Info.
- Fixed bug: Language files were not always being referenced correctly.
- Fixed bug: Manually fetching a feed fails if the feed is scheduled to update in the next 10 minutes.
- Fixed bug: Bing RSS feeds were importing duplicates on every update.
- Enhanced: Facebook page feeds are now changed into RSS 2.0 feeds, rather than Atom 1.0 feeds.
- Enhanced: Improved live updating performace on the Feed Sources page.
- Enhanced: Feed Sources page is now more responsive.
- New Feature: Can now view each feed source's imported feed items separate from other feed sources' feed items.
- Enhanced: Major visual update to the Feed Sources page with new live updates.
- Enhanced: The custom feed now includes the feed source.
- Fixed bug: Google News feeds were importing duplicate items on every update.
- Fixed bug: Multiple minor bug fixes with old filters.
- Fixed bug: Results returned by wprss_get_feed_items_for_source() will no longer be affected by filters.
- Fixed bug: Charset issue in titles
- Enhanced: The Feed Sources table now indicates which feed sources encountered errors during the last import.
- Fixed bug: Feed titles were not being decoded for HTML entities.
- Enhanced: Minor improvements to feed importing and handling.
- Fixed bug: HTML entities were not being decoded in feed item titles.
- Enhanced: Added a force feed option, for valid RSS feeds with incorrect header content types.
- Fixed bug: HTML entities in feed item titles are now being decoded.
- Enhanced: Improved the custom feed, by allowing a custom title.
- Enhanced: Improved shortcode, by adding the "pagination" parameter.
- Enhanced: Modified a filter to fix some bugs in the add-ons.
- Enhanced: Tracking notices only appear for admin users.
- Fixed bug: Auto Feed Discovery was not working.
- New Feature: Feed items can now link to enclosure links in the feed.
- Enhanced: Added a filter to allow add-ons to modify feed item queries.
- Enhanced: Added a filter to modify the feeds template.
- Fixed bug: Nested lists in feeds template.
- Fixed bug: Using the shortcode makes the comments section always open.
- Fixed bug: The plugin prevented uploading of header images.
- Fixed bug: Hook change in last version suspected reason for some installations having non-updated feed items.
- New Feature: Time ago added as an option.
- Enhanced: The plugin now allows the use of RSS and Atom feeds that do not specify the correct MIME type.
- Enhanced: Better performance due to better hook usage.
- Fixed bug: Facebook page feed URL conversion was not being triggered for new feed sources.
- Fixed bug: Styles fix for pagination.
- Fixed bug: Removed empty spaces in logging.
- Enhanced: Added Activate/Pause bulk actions in the Feed Sources page.
- Enhanced: Feed Sources page table has been re-designed.
- Enhanced: Logging is now site dependant on multisite.
- Fixed bug: Undefined display settings where appearing on the front end.
- Fixed bug: The general setting for deleting feed items by age was not working.
- Enhanced: Added a filter to change the html tags allowed in feed item content.
- Fixed bug: Empty array of feed items bug caused importing problems.
- Enhanced: Improved some internal queries, for better performance.
- Fixed bug: Feed limits were not working properly.
- Enhanced: The custom feed can now be extended by add-ons.
- Fixed bug: Removed excessive logging from Debugging Error Log.
- Fixed bug: Bug in admin-debugging.php causing trouble with admin login
- Enhanced: Added error logging.
- Enhanced: Added a feed validator link in the New/Edit Feed Sources page.
- Enhanced: The Next Update column also shows the time remaining for next update, for feed source on the global update interval.
- Enhanced: The custom feed has been improved, and is now identical to the feeds displayed with the shortcode.
- Enhanced: License notifications only appear on the main site when using WordPress multisite.
- Enhanced: Updated Colorbox script to 1.4.33
- Fixed bug: The Imported Items column was always showing zero.
- Fixed bug: Feed items not being imported with limit set to zero. Should be unlimited.
- Fixed bug: Fat header in Feed Sources page
- Enhanced: Added a column in the Feed Sources page that shows the number of feed items imported for each feed source.
- Fixed bug: Leaving the delete old feed items empty did not ignore the delete.
- Fixed bug: Fixed tracking pointer appearing on saving settings.
- Fixed bug: Incorrect file include call.
- Enhanced: Improved date and time handling for imported feed items.
- Fixed bug: Incorrect values being shown in the Feed Processing metabox.
- Fixed bug: Feed limits set to zero were causing feeds to not be imported.
- New Feature: Feed sources can have their own update interval.
- New Feature: The time remaining until the next update has been added to the Feed Source table.
- New Feature: Feed items can be limited and deleted by their age.
- Enhanced: Added utility functions for shorter filters.
- Fixed bug: License codes were being erased when add-ons were deactivated.
- Fixed bug: Some feed sources could not be set to active from the table controls.
- Fixed bug: str_pos errors appear when custom feed url is left empty.
- Fixed bug: Some options were producing undefined index errors.
- New Feature: State system - Feed sources can be activated/paused.
- New Feature: State system - Feed sources can be set to activate or pause themselves at a specific date and time.
- Enhanced: Added compatibility with nested outline elements in OPML files.
- Enhanced: Admin menu icon image will change into a Dashicon, when WordPress is updated to 3.8 (Decemeber 2013).
- Fixed bug: Custom Post types were breaking when the plugin is activated.
- Fixed bug: Missing 2nd argument for wprss_shorten_title()
- New Feature: Can set the maximum length for titles. Long titles get trimmed.
- Fixed bug: Fixed errors with undefined indexes for unchecked checkboxes in the settings page.
- Fixed bug: Pagination on front static page was not working.
- Fixed bug: Invalid feed source url was producing an Undefined method notice.
- Fixed bug: Custom feed was producing a 404 page.
- Fixed bug: Presstrends code firing on admin_init, opt-in implementation coming soon
- Enhanced: Increased compatibility with RSS sources.
- Fixed bug: Pagination not working on home page
- New Feature: Can delete feed items for a particular source
- Enhanced: the 'Fetch feed items' row action for feed sources resets itself after 3.5 seconds.
- Enhanced: The feed image is saved for each url.
- Fixed bug: Link to source now links to correct url. Previously linked to site's feed.
- Enhanced: Added more hooks to debugging page for the Feed to Post add-on.
- Fixed bug: Uninitialized loop index
- Bug Fix: Feed items were not being imported while the WPML plugin was active.
- New feature: Pagination
- New feature: First implementation of editor button for easy shortcode creation
- Enhanced: Feed items and sources don't show up in link manager
- Enhanced: Included Presstrends code for plugin usage monitoring
- Fixed bug: Removed anonymous functions for backwards PHP compatibility
- Bug fix: Added suppress_filters in feed-display.php to prevent a user reported error
- Bug fix: Missing
- in certain feed displays
- Enhanced: Added some hooks for Feed to Post compatibility
- Enhanced: Moved date settings to a more appropriate location
- Fixed Bug: Minor issue with options page - PHP notice
- New Feature: Saving/Updating a feed source triggers an update for that source's feed items.
- New Feature: Option to change Youtube, Vimeo and Dailymotion feed item URLs to embedded video players URLs
- New Feature: Facebook Pages URLs are automatically detected and changed into Atom Feed URLs using FB's Graph
- Enhanced: Updated jQuery Colorbox library to 1.4.29
- Fixed Bug: Some settings did not have a default value set, and were throwing an 'Undefined Index' error
- Fixed Bug: Admin notices do not disappear immediately when dismissed.
Version 3.3.3 (2013-09-08)
- Fixed bug: Better function handling on uninstall, should remove uninstall issues
Version 3.3.2 (2013-09-07)
- New feature: Added exclude parameter to shortcode
- Enhanced: Added metabox links to documentation and add-ons
- Fixed bug: Custom feed linking to post on user site rather than original source
- Fixed bug: Custom post types issues when activitating the plugin
Version 3.3.1 (2013-08-09)
- Fixed Bug: Roles and Capabilities file had not been included
- Fixed Bug: Error on install, function not found
Version 3.3 (2013-08-08)
- New feature: OPML importer
- New feature: Feed item limits for individual Feed Sources
- New feature: Custom feed URL
- New feature: Feed limit on custom feed
- New feature: New 'Fetch feed items' action for each Feed Source in listing display
- New feature: Option to enable link to source
- Enhanced: Date strings now change according to locale being used (i.e. compatible with WPML)
- Enhanced: Capabilities implemented
- Enhanced: Feed Sources row action 'View' removed
- Fixed Bug: Proxy feed URLs resulting in the permalink: example.com/url
Version 3.2 (2013-07-06)
- New feature: Parameter to limit number of feeds displayed
- New feature: Paramter to limit feeds displayed to particular sources (via ID)
- Enhanced: Better feed import handling to handle large number of feed sources
Version 3.1.1 (2013-06-06)
- Fixed bug: Incompatibility with some other plugins due to function missing namespace
Version 3.1 (2013-06-06)
- New feature: Option to set the number of feed items imported from every feed (default 5)
- New feature: Import and Export aggregator settings and feed sources
- New feature: Debugging page allowing manual feed refresh and feed reset
- Enhanced: Faster handling of restoring sources from trash when feed limit is 0
- Fixed bug: Limiter on number of overall feeds stored not working
- Fixed bug: Incompatibility issue with Foobox plugin fixed
- Fixed bug: Duplicate feeds sometimes imported
Version 3.0 (2013-03-16)
- New feature: Option to select cron frequency
- New feature: Code extensibility added to be compatible with add-ons
- New feature: Option to set a limit to the number of feeds stored (previously 50, hard coded)
- New feature: Option to define the format of the date shown below each feed item
- New feature: Option to show or hide source of feed item
- New feature: Option to show or hide publish date of feed item
- New feature: Option to set text preceding publish date
- New feature: Option to set text preceding source of feed item
- New feature: Option to link title or not
- New feature: Limit of 5 items imported for each source instead of 10
- Enhanced: Performance improvement when publishing * New feeds in admin
- Enhanced: Query tuning for better performance
- Enhanced: Major code rewrite, refactoring and inclusion of hooks
- Enhanced: Updated Colorbox to v1.4.1
- Enhanced: Better security implementations
- Enhanced: Better feed preview display
- Fixed bug: Deletion of items upon source deletion not working properly
- Requires: WordPress 3.3
Version 2.2.3 (2012-11-01)
- Fixed bug: Tab navigation preventing typing in input boxes
- Removed: Feeds showing up in internal linking pop up
Version 2.2.2 (2012-10-30)
- Removed: Feeds showing up in site search results
- Enhanced: Better tab button navigation when adding a new feed
- Enhanced: Better guidance when a feed URL is invalid
Version 2.2.1 (2012-10-17)
- Fixed bug: wprss_feed_source_order assumes everyone is an admin
Version 2.2 (2012-10-01)
- Italian translation added
- Feed source order changed to alphabetical
- Fixed bug - repeated entries when having a non-valid feed source
- Fixed bug - all imported feeds deleted upon trashing a single feed source
Version 2.1 (2012-09-27)
- Now localised for translations
- Fixed bug with date string
- Fixed $link_before and $link_after, now working
- Added backwards compatibility for wp_rss_aggregator() function
Version 2.0 (2012-09-21)
- Bulk of code rewritten and refactored
- Added install and upgrade functions
- Added DB version setting
- Feed sources now stored as Custom Post Types
- Feed source list sortable ascending or descending by name
- Removed days subsections in feed display
- Ability to limit total number of feeds displayed
- Feeds now fetched via Cron
- Cron job to delete old feed items, keeps max of 50 items in DB
- Now requires WordPress 3.2
- Updated colorbox to v18.104.22.168
- Limit of 15 items max imported for each source
- Fixed issue of page content displaying incorrectly after feeds
Version 1.1 (2012-08-13)
- Now requires WordPress 3.0
- More flexible fetching of images directory
- Has its own top level menu item
- Added settings section
- Ability to open in lightbox, new window or default browser behaviour
- Ability to set links as follow or no follow
- Using constants for oftenly used locations
- Code refactoring
- Changes in file and folder structure
Version 1.0 (2012-01-06)