This plugin uses a pubmed query to generate a reference list on a page. It provides an admin page
where you can associate PubMed queries with keys and a shorttag that allows you to display a
list of references based on any of your keys on a page or post.
This plugin was developed for use on the website for the Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics
at Texas A&M University (http://biochemistry.tamu.edu).
wp-pubmed-reflistfolder to your
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Use Settings to associate keys with PubMed queries.
- Use the shortcode in your posts or pages: [pmid-refs key=”” limit=10]
- How do I compose a query
For Query syntax
- Can I combine saved queries
Yes. use double pipes to combine other queries using their named keys.
The plugin will combine the two queries with a logical OR
- Can I display a random reference based on my query
Yes. Use negative limit to pick one random reference from a list of abs[$limit]
- Can I add references that are not in PubMed
Yes, add these to the extras box. Use one reference per line. These will be added to the
end of your list. The plugin is not smart enough to sort these into the main list at this
- Your donate link seems odd. How do I support this plugin
This plugin was developed as part of my work for the Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics
at Texas A&M. Donating won’t lead me to give up my day job to spend more time on plugin
development. But if you want to donate out of gratitude/niceness, give whatever you think
would be appropriate to the Biochemistry/Biophysics improvement fund. It’s tax-deductible
and it will go to some other worthy activity.
- Are these questions really frequently asked?
No. This is the first release, so I’m just guessing what people will ask.
Great work, very handy
I create websites for professors and this plugin is very useful.
Contributors & Developers
“WP Pubmed Reflist” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
* input validation for the admin page
* jquery datatables for settings view
- Add ability to select more than one reference at random
- Add strong emphasis for specific authors
- Add ability to use curl vs remote file opening, and to throw an error if neither is available.
- minor bug fixes
- Fix bug to allow more than 20 references to be retrieved
- Fixed markdown in readme
- add _TitleL formatting tag for Title with link
- Fix case sensitive filename bug in 0.7
- Moved admin menu to go under tools and modified user permissions to allow Editors to edit queries
- Moved new key from the bottom to the top of the query management form
- Tabbed admin page for additional settings
- Users can now customize output formats
..* set where to truncate author lists and at et al.
..* set key phrases to italicize (e.g. in vitro or species names)
- Help tab documents how to use the plugin
- Changed recursive query syntax to use key
- Add fulltext and PMC links
- Allow customization of text link to pubmed
- change display if there are zero hits
- integrate non-PMID citations
added the ability to delete a key – query pair from the admin settings UI
added the ability to construct complex queries using other keys.
smith => smith j[au] AND escherichia coli[majr]
jones => jones jp[au] AND enzyme
smith_jones = smith || jones
(smith j[au] AND escherichia coli[majr])OR(jones jp[au] AND enzyme)
* convert to OO
* condense options to a single array
- The prototype