- Unzip the downloaded file, you should end up with a folder called "wp-photocontest".
- Upload the "wp-photocontest" folder to your "plugin" directory (wp-content/plugins).
- Make sure that the file permissions of the "wp-photocontest" directory are such that
the plugin is allowed to write to it (otherwise, the uploaded photos cannot be stored).
(Double check the file permissions for the "contests_holder". When you run php
in safe_mode, you need to set it to the same UID (owner) as the script is being executed)
- If your web hosting provider enabled the mod_security Apache module on your web server,
you need to add the following directives to your .htaccess file in order for batch uploads
- Go to the "Plugins" WordPress admin panel and activate the PhotoContest plugin.
- When you would like people to upload, you need to let visitors subscribe to your blog)
- When you use a theme, you need to create a template file. Read 'Customization')
- Backup your CONTEST_HOLDER and SKINS directory.
- Remove the wp-photocontest directory.
- Run the following sql commands (in phpmyadmin)
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS wp_photocontest;
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS wp_photocontest_admin;
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS wp_photocontest_config;
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS wp_photocontest_votes;
DELETE FROM wp_options WHERE option_name = 'wppc_redirect_to' LIMIT 1;
DELETE FROM wp_options WHERE option_name = 'PC_DB_VERSION' LIMIT 1;
DELETE FROM wp_options WHERE option_name = 'PC_PL_VERSION' LIMIT 1;