This plugin will enable you to add PDF to WORD converter widgets to your sidebars. New widget, called “WP PDFTOWORD Converter Widget”, is added. Each of these widgets can hold one PDF to WORD converter. For each widget/converter you will have option to control widgets skin and maximum file size accepted for input file. Global Options page, “WP PDF to WORD Converter Widget”, holds global skin and max file size settings, and affiliate ID field. Each skin have custom “skin.css” file with styles, using some custom templating tokens for element IDs.
- You can add multiple converter widgets.
- Each widget can have different settings.
- Each widget can have different CSS style/skin.
- You can specify global settings that will apply for all widgets by default.
- Affiliate links included, you can add your affiliate ID on global settings page.
- Widget settings will override global settings for WP PDF to WORD Converter.
- Converter uses Investintech free Web Service to function.
- Uploaded files are stored inside plugin directory and cleaned up using WP cron job each day
- Download the plugin zip file, and unzip the content.
- Upload the content of downloaded zip file to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to Settings->WP PDF to WORD Converter Widget page to select your global options and submit your Affiliate ID.
- Go to Widgets page, and add your “WP PDFTOWORD Converter Widget” widgets in any sidebar
Conversion gets stuck on “Uploading file…”
Make sure you have maximum file size setting defined. We also can’t convert protected PDF files, but those will time out and display the error if everything is ok.
How do I make new skin ?
Create new folder in
/wp-content/plugins/wp-pdftodoc-widget/skins and name it anyway you like your new skin to be called. Copy skin.css from default skin into newly created folder and edit the CSS rules. Add your images if you like.
Browse button is not working on my website ?
Contributors & Developers
“WP PDFTOWORD Converter Widget” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
Interested in development?
- Initial release