This is my first plugin for the blogging platform named “WordPress”. It’s called “WP-NoSpamUser” and it is all about blocking potential spammers from registering on your blog. It compares the username and the email-address with the ones in the database at http://www.stopforumspam.com. If it gets a positive result, it immediately prevents the potential spammer from registering on your blog.
- What is the type of the license?
It’s the GPL.
- Will there be any other languages be available?
I’m currently working on a german translation
Version 0.7.2 [06.01.2009]
- Used a new Filter because of some issues.
Version 0.7.1 [08.12.2008]
- Fixed an issue concerning the profile.php
Version 0.7 [05.12.2008]
- Fixed a serious issue with the username, which simply got… “lost”…
- You can get notified about a spammer: just uncomment line 55, an option page will follow.
- Fixed some issues with the username and email.
Version 0.6 [skipped]
Version 0.5.1 [28.11.2008]
- Small issue fixed
Version 0.5 [12.11.2008]
- Because of some “false alerts” I changed the way the username is checked.
Version 0.4 [06.11.2008]
- Added a box that notifies your visitors about the comparison with stopforumspam.com. Included to prevent legal issues.
Version 0.3 b [03.11.2008]
- first official release!
Version 0.3 [28.10.2008]
- unofficial beta relase
Version 0.2 [24.10.2008]
- second internal release
Version 0.1 [20.10.2008]
- internal release