Using Firefox 2+ Microsummaries (http://wiki.mozilla.org/Microsummaries), this plugin only displays the amount of
comments that you have on your WordPress blog.
The bookmark will appear as
A: xx - P: xx - S: xx where you stored it.
This makes the approval of pending comments much easier.
There is an issue with the AskApache Password Protect WordPress plugin, in order to get this plugin to work, you should edit the .htaccess to include the
wp-microsummary-comments-track/index.php file from referral check.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Unzip the whole wp-microsummary-comments-track folder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to your comments admin page page (generally
/wp-admin/edit-comments.php) with Firefox
- Using the Bookmark menu, select the
Bookmark this pageoption
- Next to the
Namefield you’ll find a dropdown, select the
A: xx - P: xx - S: xxoption and place the bookmark where you like it (
Bookmarks toolbarwill be much handy)
- What is the Refresh Rate
By default Firefox updates microsummaries every 30″
- Is it possible to change the refresh rate
Yes, but by changing Firefox settings (http://kb.mozillazine.org/Browser.microsummary.updateInterval)
1. open the configuration panel (about:config)
2. add the Integer Preference Name named: browser.microsummary.updateInterval and set the value in minutes.
- Are other browsers supported
Not at this time. The Microsummaries are only supported by Firefox 2+ so far. You should ask your browser vendor to implement
Contributors & Developers
“WP-Microsummary Comments Track” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.