Include the category taxonomy to your media files.
No configuration needed: just Plug&Play!
This is a functional beta release! 🙂
- Upload the extracted plugin folder and contained files to your
/wp-content/plugins/directory using FTP
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins‘ menu in WordPress
- Go to your Media Library and edit one file or upload a new one
Check the screenshots tab to see where the new field’ll appear.
You can list all the media files from a category using the get_posts() WordPress function on your theme files.
Here’s an example of usage:
<?php // Create an array with all medias from category #2 $args = array( 'post_type' => 'attachment', // search only attachments (media files) 'cat' => '2', // from category #2 'numberposts' => -1 // unlimited results ); $medias = get_posts($args); // Now you can loop through $medias array and list the files! :) ?>
- What taxonomy this plugin use?
This plugin use the
- How many categories a media can belongs to?
Until now, the media can be added to only one category.
On future versions i’ll add support to more than one category.
Contributors & Developers
“WP Media Category” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- jQuery 1.4.2 include fix
- Beta release
0.1.2 & 0.1.3
- jQuery 1.4.2 addition
- Small bugfix
- First release
- Translations: en-US & pt-BR