Big thanks to pingram3541 for his forum posts that corrected some very ugly bugs.
I've been very busy and away from computers for a while. Better late than never.
- pluggable.php and capabilities.php load order problem that made the site inaccesible SOLVED using the wp_loaded hook
- Updated from guybedford's module http://drupal.org/project/live_css
- Dropped less suport for simplicity
- You have to be logged in as an administrator to see and use the plugin
- Uses ACE editor which solves most of commented bugs and needed features (wild slashes, search in the css editor, undo keyboard shortcuts...)
- First Commit ! release 2011-05-15
- Now using wp_enqueue_scripts adn wp_enqueue_styles to correctly inject stylesheets and scripts
- Not for production sites, just for design and development time. Needs roles and permissions settings, though only logged in users can actually save changes, any visitor can see it in action.
- If it doesn't save changes, it's probably a permission problem with the CSS file (Or you are not logged in)
- Will need to clean up backups manually via FTP when you are done, as they might be a lot and counting ! A restore version system would come in handy…
- Seems to be fixed, but for a while the plugin was inflating the CSS files in each save by swarming trillions of slashes before every single and double quote
- Fixed a BUG where relative urls wouldn't find the wp-admin/admin-ajax.php file, thanks to Gary Cao's wonderful tips: http://www.garyc40.com/2010/03/5-tips-for-using-ajax-in-wordpress/#js-global
- Please ! Backup your CSS files before using it the first time, just in case !
- No plugin options nor admin page
- A JSON helper for older PHP versions is there, but untested yet.
- A floating window / drawer might be better than narrowing the whole page.