- Download the
wp-http-compression.zip plugin to your desktop.
- Navigate to the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress
- Click 'Add New'.
- Select 'Upload' from the options at top of the page.
- Select the file
wp-http-compression.zip and press 'Install Now'.
- You should get a message saying 'Plugin Installed successfully'.
- Activate the plugin.
- Go to http://ismyblogworking.com/ to test compression
- Check "Page GZip" on the right hand size.
- Check "Bandwidth saved by compression" on the left hand side.
And there you go! Who said that was hard? :)
TO REMOVE THE PLUGIN
- Navigate to the 'Plungins' menu in WordPress
- Scroll down to 'WP HTTP Compression' plugin.
- Click 'Deactivate'
- Scroll down again and click 'Delete'