Do you want to add google trends in your sidebar, no easy ways. Just fallow this easy steps in
Installation and you are all set.
Update to 1.2 for a linking directly to Google Trends website.
Update 2.0 added an search capability to the plugin. Now it can search the articles database for those keywords/phrases that link to the articles directly. ( Requested by Da Master )
If it dosen’t find any post that contains the trend keyword it links back to google trends.
- Update 2.0.1 fixed some bugs. Modified the main function.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Include this code in your sidebar.php or in your templates:
- The $nr is for how many trends do you whant to show up in your bar . Default: 10
- The $enclose parameter is for the tag that encloses every trend. Default: li
- The $islink is the switch for the links. You can find the link target in the source code. Default: true
- The $PostLink is the switch for post searching. If it’s set on true it makes the plugin search in the database for tags and words that match the trend title. Default: true
Q: Can i skip the sidebar editing part and just put it in from the dashbord?
A: I think you can, i fixed it in version 2.0.1 but i am not shure it works.