WP Get Personal Lite allows you to personalize pages by adding a name to the end of the URL. It works well when used with an email system/autoresponder.
Upgrade to the full version for the following additional features:
- Personalize the homepage
- Look up personalization data in a CSV file
- Display multiple fields with “merge-tags” anywhere inside your post/page
- “Remember” users with a cookie and/or user profile
- Display Geolocation data: city, country
- Display Geolocation specific content. e.g. special content for visitors from UK or from Madrid
Please visit http://WPGetPersonal.com for further information.
In this release:
New shortcode attibute: format
Example usage: [wpgetpersonal format=”Hello again, s%!”]
- Download the zipped file.
- Extract and upload the contents of the folder to /wp-contents/plugins/ folder
- Go to the Plugin management page of WordPress admin section and enable the ‘Wp Get Personal Lite’ plugin
- Make sure you’re using pretty permalinks
- Go to a WordPress page and enable WP Get Personal virtual URLS
- Insert the shortcode [wpgetpersonal] where you’d like the name to appear
- Add the name to the end of the page URL e.g. mydomain.com/mypage/Name
Basic shortcode: [wpgetpersonal]
Example usage: [wpgetpersonal format=”Hello again, s%!” fallback=”Welcome!”]
fallback = [text you’d like to display if the name is not passed via the URL e.g. “WordPress Users”] default = “”
format = [text you’d like to display with the name e.g. format=”Hello again, s%!”]
- Where are the settings?
The plugin is so simple and easy to use that there isn’t even a settings page. The only setting is on/off for each individual page. You’ll find this setting under the “Publish” box on the “edit page” screen.
- How do I integrate with AWeber/GetReponse/MailChimp/etc?
While composing your email in your email system. Add the first name personalization variable to the URL of your WP Get Personal Page.
Please use the “Insert” toolbox they give you to insert the contact’s first name. Look for “Contact details” and then select “First name”. It will look like this after you insert it:
Note: if you just type in “First Name” or (Contact First Name) it won’t work – you need to insert it using the toolbox.
Note about AWeber: they don’t support click tracking for this kind of link. If you need click tracking please use the following workaround:
It’s not as pretty but it works!
Contributors & Developers
“WP Get Personal – Lite” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- fixed warning notice in WordPress 3.5
- added format shortcode attribute
- Beta release.