- Copy the family tree plugin directory to the '/wp-content/plugins/' directory.
- Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress.
- Create a page and put a [family-tree] shortcode on it; (this is the family tree page).
- Create a page and put a [family-members] shortcode on it; (this is the family list page).
- Visit the family tree admin panel and set the family tree link option; (Link to page with family tree).
- Add a post category with the name "Family"
- For each family member, add a post specifying the custom fields available at the bottom of edit posts page,
making the posts belong to the "Family" category.
Note: You can put the post name/title of the person you wish to be displayed at the root of the family tree as a
parameter in the shortcode: [family-tree root='<post title>']