Release Date - 2015-06-19
- Changed how og:url is called and handle trailing slashes better all around
- Fixed issue when using the blog as a page had root url
Release Date - 2014-07-31
- Check for relative URLs in post thumbnails images - props -> github.com/jjeaton
- fixes problem w/ strings in image array
- flip image array. this will move your default image (if you have one) to the top of the array but Facebook pulls it the way they want anyways.
- Remove deprecated argument from
get_the_excerpt. Fixes PHP Notice. props -> github.com/jjeaton
- bump og:image size to large like beta/dev version. bigger is better. but size doesn't matter? well it's large now
- tested to WP3.9
- update html namespace to prefix (ogp.me) from xmlns (facebook)
- dont run buffer if in a feed
- fixed media uploader link
- fixes bug with certain plugins not showing description tags properly
- added back self-close on meta tags to preserve xhtml compatability, html5 is forgiving. core does this.
- The changes we made to fix the dollar sign in title problem caused big problems in wp admin. rolling back for now while we plan and recode a lot of the plugin w/ norcross for a bigger update. Just don't use dollar signs for now in titles. sorry. standby.
- Short: Dollar signs in titles were screwing things up. Long Story: Fixed a bug where preg_replace() would think a dollar sign in the argument is a backreference, instead of just a dollar sign. Now using preg_quote() to escape all regex variables/symbols in a string. Makes things mo betta!
- Image size for OpenGraph now defaults to medium for thumbnail image
- updated screenshot. it was from v1 so was about time
- fixed grammar error - props Jeff K.
- Should fix the "Parser Mismatched Metadata" warnings Facebook started throwing. Made locale all lowercase.
- Fixes bug that would display a PHP warning with debug mode turned on.
- Removed code that would filter the_content() which caused problems with plugins that also used that same filter.
- Fixed bug where og:url was returning a https URL instead of http, causing Facebook Linter to fail. Now using the WordPress function is_ssl() instead of the $_SERVER global variable.
- Fixed bug with some SEO plugins where the page title and meta description were not being pulled correctly.
- Changed front pages to have the og:type 'website', not 'article'.
- Fixed bug where the 'force fallback' checkbox will check itself after initial installation.
- Now works with ALL SEO plugins AND Frameworks like Genesis and Thesis. It now grabs the actual outputted tag and description after all SEO plugins/themes/etc have done their job.
- New Open Graph feature allow multiple images therefore we now add all those properly for selection (in Facebook, Google +, and even now Linkedin) if there are more than one in the post/page in addition to any featured image and the fallback image in settings (only if force fallback isn't selected).
- Removed og:page_id - Facebook depreciated that 1 April 2012.
- Adds filters to all outputted values.
- Images in Galleries work too now as we apply filters to the_content() before pulling images.
- Some house cleaning: old functions removed, code cleaned up, and better follows WordPress coding standards.
- Modified plugin settings help links - facebook keeps changing things :/
- Last but certainly not least... Improves performance == WIN
- Bug fix with 1.6 initial release. Titles broke for some running 'naked sites' w/ no seo plugins. It worked on all testing sites but obviously I need to test a little more. Standby
- update help info and links as Facebook has changed a lot about their docs including image should be 200px square now
- use wp_title() to get the title of the current page. SEO plugins filter wp_title so we will get the best title available. This is a baby step towards bigger and better things :)
- fix bug in scraping content images
- add settings option to allow fallback image to become site-wide default
- bug fix in urlpath again & check for https. Props goes to Seb Francis at burnit.co.uk for better fix.
- bug fix in image basepath thing I fixed in 1.5... false checking. make sure to update this or your images could not display on facebook
- simple cleanup and couple bug fixes
- fix image path auto pulled from content if there wasn't a basepath
- fix for custom post type og:description. (props Leia Scofield) did same for og:type
- remove hidden code for old contextual menus that never happened
- added og:locale as facebook has started requiring that for valid ogp
- fixed bug with line returns if they were in auto desc
- added strip_shortcodes on autogen desc
- updated image handling post id issue and changed medium size image to thumbnail for optimization and speed
- fixed og:url to work with every page type and archive type
- x.5 update because needed to push some of these bugs out but too busy to fix others. more updates coming soon.
- Added much requested auto-description generation from content. So now on single posts, it will still look for the post excerpt and if one doesn't exist it will auto-generate one from the first 160 characters of the content field.
- redacted some other updates to push this one feature out - more soonish.
- fixed if latest post in blog listing had a featured image, og:image would use that instead of default image from admin. Fixed that.
- fixed an issue with single quotes in excerpts ruining the meta description (props Chris Jensen)
- added link to support form for bugs and/or feature requests & minor copy updates in admin
- initial public release on wordpress repo
- lots of verbiage and help updates. more to come here as I think it's still too confusing.
- removed help menu function until I can get something more useful in there. next version.
- fixed the continue reading injection added to the end of excerpts in twentyten and twentyeleven themes/childs that look bad in meta desc
- fixed admin width issue for table, now displays correct
- verbiage updates - prep for full help menu setup
- added admin notifications if plugin is activated but doesn't have the required fields (app id or user id) saved
- if no default image set no longer display a blank og:image tag, now it will show a comment in source reminding you to add a default image in the plugin settings
- updated admin UI - now follows WP 3.2 style admin UI. Very Nice!
- lots of changes!
- titles, descriptions and urls all now working with home and all other page/posts
- og:type handled better and working on home and page/posts
- added optional page_id field if ppl want to associate insights with their page instead. but still need a user or app id req
- more admin help / reference information linked up. promotional tweet about this plugin added. big help/instruction overhaul coming soon.
- lots of little changes I forget and some clean up sweeping
- added meta field if no admin id set as to give instruction to liven up plugin
- more readme explanation/help