This plugin will enable you to add WORD to PDF converter widgets to your sidebars. The new widget, called “WP WORDTOPDF Converter Widget”, can be easily added once the plugin is downloaded. Each of these widgets can hold one WORD to PDF converter. For each widget/converter you will have the option to control the widget’s skin and the maximum file size accepted for input file. Global Options page, “WP WORD to PDF Converter Widget”, holds global skin and max file size settings, and affiliate ID field. Each skin has a customizable “skin.css” file with style definition, using some custom templating tokens for element IDs.
- You can add multiple converter widgets.
- Each widget can have different settings.
- Each widget can have a different CSS style/skin.
- You can specify global settings that will apply for all widgets by default.
- Affiliate links are included, you can add your affiliate ID on global settings page.
- Widget settings will override global settings for WP WORD to PDF Converter.
- Converter uses Investintech free Web Service to function.
- Uploaded files are stored inside plugin directory and cleaned up using WP cron job each day
Conversion gets stuck on “Uploading file…”
Make sure you have the maximum file size setting defined.
The converter will not work on localhost servers, since the web service it uses is unable to access uploaded file.
How do I make new skin ?
Create a new folder in
/wp-content/plugins/wp-doctopdf-widget/skins and name it in any way you would like your new skin to be called. Copy skin.css from default skin into the newly created folder and edit the CSS rules. Add your images if you like.
Browse button is not working on my website ?
- Initial release
Contributors & Developers
WP WORDTOPDF Converter Widget is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.