There are many sites that are crawling for user-generated reviews now, including Google Places and Google Local Search. WP Customer Reviews allows you to setup a specific page on your blog to receive customer testimonials for your business/service OR to write reviews about a product.
Big News! Version 3 has been released. Click here for details
- WP Multisite and Multiuser (WPMU / WPMS / WordPress MU) compatible.
- All submissions are moderated, which means that YOU choose which reviews get shown.
- Reviews are displayed to visitors in a friendly format, but search engines see the Schema.org microformat.
- Multiple anti-spam measures to prevent automated spambots from submitting reviews.
- Completely customizable, including which fields to ask for, require, and show.
- Shortcodes available for inserting reviews and review form on any page or widget.
- Works with caching plugins and custom themes.
- Includes an external stylesheet so you can modify it to better fit your theme.
- Reviews can be edited by admin for content and date.
- Admin responses can be made and shown under each review.
- Support for adding your own custom fields.
- The plugin can be used on more than one page, and can be used on posts.
- Supports both
- Shows aggregate reviews microformat.
- Fast and lightweight, even including the star rating image. This plugin will not slow down your blog.
- Validates as valid XHTML 1.1 (W3C) and valid Microformats (Rich Snippets Testing Tool).
- And much more…
Almost every new feature that has been added was due to the generous support and suggestions of our users. If you have a suggestion or question, do not hesitate to ask in our forum.
More information at: WP Customer Reviews
- Upload contents of compressed file (wp-customer-reviews) to the
- Activate the plugin through the
Pluginsmenu in WordPress admin.
- Create a WordPress page to be used specifically for gathering reviews or testimonials.
- Go into settings for WP Customer Reviews and configure the plugin.
WP Customer Reviews lite is a worthy plugin I’ve used for years. Its been installed along side various plugins with no conflicts including caching plugins with no issues.
The layout is clean and simple allowing customers or visitors to rate, and leave reviews, and a 5 star review that google will index, and include with your relevant search results.
Reviews can be edited and replied to. Basic info required for reviews can be required or asked for. Custom fields beyond customer name, and review title can be added to better suit your websites needs. You can select where the reviews show or don’t show on your site.
Id suggest anyone looking for a straight forward plugin that allows customers to leave reviews, and work with Google so that the star ratings show in your search results give WP Customer Reviews a try.
Just what I was looking for.
How can you call it a reviews product if leaving a star rating is locked behind a paywall?
I’ll find something else that doesn’t want my money for doing what it says it can do up front.
very good plugin
Good Reviews Plugin
Contributors & Developers
“WP Customer Reviews” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- [Update] Made activation process simpler
- [Update] Images losslessly compressed
- [Bugfix] Fixed possible issues with WordPress 3.6
- [Bugfix] Fixed possible issue with PHP 7.0
- [Security] Prevented CSRF and XSS in admin tools.
- [Bugfix] Fixed the appearance of a security hole with admin tools. Malicious action was not possible.
- [Bugfix] Fixed deprecation warning with wpseo_pre_analysis_post_content (Yoast SEO).
- [Bugfix] In some installations, ajax requests were still failing. We are reverting to using admin-ajax once again.
- [Bugfix] In some installations, a dynamic CSS file could not be written upon plugin activation.
- [Bugfix] In some installations, ajax requests to admin-ajax were failing. We are trying a new method.
- [Bugfix] In some installations, the number of reviews displayed for “Average Rating” was inflated.
- [Bugfix] Email notifications for new reviews were missing a timestamp in the subject line.
- [Bugfix] When using [WPCR_SHOW POSTID=”123″] shortcode on the page ID 123, reviews would output twice.
- [Bugfix] When a page had 0 reviews, the average rating would show 2.5 stars instead of 0.
- [Feature] Added PAGINATE and PERPAGE as shortcode options.
- [Bugfix] Fixed post/page saving issue
- [Bugfix] Shortcode copied/pasted itno WP visual editor should now work better
- [Bugfix] Migrating from 2.x would sometimes duplicate imported reviews ( see “Tools” settings tab for fix )
- [Bugfix] Migrating from 2.x would sometimes skip importing reviews ( see “Tools” settings tab for fix )
- [Bugfix] When paginating reviews on the front-end, “reviewed on” page links would sometimes be not linked
- [Bugfix] Relaxed the human detection anti-spam rules a bit
- [Bugfix] Fixed “failed the spambot check” issue when WP back-end is SSL, but front-end is not
- [Bugfix] Fixed some PHP error notices
- [Update] “Tools” tab added to plugin settings. This will contain various methods for managing/fixing review data.
- [Update] When adding reviews manually in WP admin, the WP post title now matches user-added reviews
- [Update] You can now edit the WP post title of reviews
- [Update] Enabled for custom post types
- [Update] Upgrading from 2.x should go smoother for some people
- [Update] Complete code cleanup and rewrite
- [Update] Complete overhaul of settings and management interface