There are many sites that are crawling for user-generated reviews now, including Google Places and Google Local Search. WP Customer Reviews allows you to setup a specific page on your blog to receive customer testimonials for your business/service OR to write reviews about a product.
Big News! Version 3 has been released. Click here for details
- WP Multisite and Multiuser (WPMU / WPMS / WordPress MU) compatible.
- All submissions are moderated, which means that YOU choose which reviews get shown.
- Reviews are displayed to visitors in a friendly format, but search engines see the Schema.org microformat.
- Multiple anti-spam measures to prevent automated spambots from submitting reviews.
- Completely customizable, including which fields to ask for, require, and show.
- Shortcodes available for inserting reviews and review form on any page or widget.
- Works with caching plugins and custom themes.
- Includes an external stylesheet so you can modify it to better fit your theme.
- Reviews can be edited by admin for content and date.
- Admin responses can be made and shown under each review.
- Support for adding your own custom fields.
- The plugin can be used on more than one page, and can be used on posts.
- Supports both
- Shows aggregate reviews microformat.
- Fast and lightweight, even including the star rating image. This plugin will not slow down your blog.
- Validates as valid XHTML 1.1 (W3C) and valid Microformats (Rich Snippets Testing Tool).
- And much more…
Almost every new feature that has been added was due to the generous support and suggestions of our users. If you have a suggestion or question, do not hesitate to ask in our forum.
More information at: WP Customer Reviews
Just what I was looking for.
How can you call it a reviews product if leaving a star rating is locked behind a paywall? I'll find something else that doesn't want my money for doing what it says it can do up front.
- [Update] Made activation process simpler
- [Update] Images losslessly compressed
- [Bugfix] Fixed possible issues with WordPress 3.6
- [Bugfix] Fixed possible issue with PHP 7.0
- [Security] Prevented CSRF and XSS in admin tools.
- [Bugfix] Fixed the appearance of a security hole with admin tools. Malicious action was not possible.
- [Bugfix] Fixed deprecation warning with wpseo_pre_analysis_post_content (Yoast SEO).
- [Bugfix] In some installations, ajax requests were still failing. We are reverting to using admin-ajax once again.
- [Bugfix] In some installations, a dynamic CSS file could not be written upon plugin activation.
- [Bugfix] In some installations, ajax requests to admin-ajax were failing. We are trying a new method.
- [Bugfix] In some installations, the number of reviews displayed for “Average Rating” was inflated.
- [Bugfix] Email notifications for new reviews were missing a timestamp in the subject line.
- [Bugfix] When using [WPCR_SHOW POSTID=”123″] shortcode on the page ID 123, reviews would output twice.
- [Bugfix] When a page had 0 reviews, the average rating would show 2.5 stars instead of 0.
- [Feature] Added PAGINATE and PERPAGE as shortcode options.
- [Bugfix] Fixed post/page saving issue
- [Bugfix] Shortcode copied/pasted itno WP visual editor should now work better
- [Bugfix] Migrating from 2.x would sometimes duplicate imported reviews ( see “Tools” settings tab for fix )
- [Bugfix] Migrating from 2.x would sometimes skip importing reviews ( see “Tools” settings tab for fix )
- [Bugfix] When paginating reviews on the front-end, “reviewed on” page links would sometimes be not linked
- [Bugfix] Relaxed the human detection anti-spam rules a bit
- [Bugfix] Fixed “failed the spambot check” issue when WP back-end is SSL, but front-end is not
- [Bugfix] Fixed some PHP error notices
- [Update] “Tools” tab added to plugin settings. This will contain various methods for managing/fixing review data.
- [Update] When adding reviews manually in WP admin, the WP post title now matches user-added reviews
- [Update] You can now edit the WP post title of reviews
- [Update] Enabled for custom post types
- [Update] Upgrading from 2.x should go smoother for some people
- [Update] Complete code cleanup and rewrite
- [Update] Complete overhaul of settings and management interface