Bored to set default images each time for a page, post or custom type or want an image to auto set as thumbnail if a user ignores setting up a thumbnail? Here is the solution:
This plugin provides you an easy way to set a default thumbnail image for your posts, pages or custom post types. You can select an image from your local machine or media library.
You can access this from the WordPress dashboard under Settings => “WAFI” (admin menu)
Option to choose:
- Select an image to set.
- Select for specific categories.
- Choose post types for which it will trigger.
Please note this application will trigger and set thumbnail when a new post is being published or modified and missing thumbnail.
Upload the WordPress Auto Featured Image folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
Activate the plugin using the \’Plugins\’ menu in your WordPress admin panel.
You can set default image using your WordPress admin panel in \”WAFI\”.
- Will this auto set thumbnail for all existing posts/pages?
This wil work for the post types you have configured from admin, it will work for newly cretaed or modified posts after your configuration from admin panel.
- Can I choose specific post type for this?
Yes, there is option from admin to set it for custom post types.
- Can I choose custom image for default image?
Yes, there is option from admin to set.
Good for people who don’t know very well how to use pictures.
Contributors & Developers
“WordPress Auto Featured Image” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Compatible upto 4.5.1
- Fix media popup selector
- Bug Fix, WHITE blank screen when choosing image for featured image from plugin panel.
- Bug Fix [Featured Image Return To Default When making Changes to Content]
- Restrict to specific categoriers.
- Allow Categories for all post types or for POST only.
- Menu moved under ‘Settings’.
- First release.