The plugin consists of two components:
- A standard WordPress plugin.
- An ASP.NET HttpModule.
- Upload the wp-aspxrewriter folder to the
- Upload the URLRewriteModule to your IIS /bin/ directory
- If you are using WordPress 2.3 or 2.4, modify your source code to contain the additional hook that is implemented at http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5969 that will feature in 2.5. Hint: it's in function get_pagenum_link.
- Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress
- Create your desired permalink structure on Options -> Permalinks, ensuring that it ends with .aspx.
Recommended bases are:
- Navigate to Manage -> ASPX Rewriter in the admin control panel and copy the setup that is shown
Modify or create a web.config file that contains the following under
replacing all the values in
<RewriterRules> with the configuration generated by you in stage 6.
Add the following line to
- Add the following to your web.config under <system.web>:
- Try it out!