This plugin will automatically add a login/register link to your ‘primary’ menu location. A nice looking form will popup when the link is clicked.
Shortcode is also available for use on any post or widget with ‘[wp-ajax-login text=”Login/Register”]’ and ‘text’ attribute is the link text.
For more information, please visit ptheme.com
wp-ajax-login.zipand upload the entire folder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- (Optional) Place shortcode
[wp-ajax-login text="Login/Register"]in your post/page or widget
You’ll live this plugin if you favor clean, simple and usable. I wish there was just an option or two though. For example:
• Remove / Hide “Registration is disabled.” from modal
• Convert label into placeholder “Username” and “Password” and “Username or E-mail”
• Keyboard usability, when I press ESC nothing happens. I have to manually click outside or click “X”
After those tweaks, this is certainly a 5 star and should reach 25,000+ users in 6 months.
This plugin does what it advertises, an easy to use AJAX Login plugin. I added a login link to my menu by setting the url to: #pt-login. Works exactly as expected.
Contributors & Developers
“WP AJAX Login and Register” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Now put label as placeholder for input fields of forms
- Update Lost Password function
- Change the link text to Logout if user is logged in.
- Now logout is also processed with ajax.
- Fix the login form not showing when registration is disabled.
- First release