Advanced importer enables to import a bulk XML file with any number of records. It enables to import Post, Page, Custom Post and Users. It also supports Custom Post Type UI plugin and SEO import with All in One SEO plugin. The import process is executed in a few simple clicks.
Please show your support for WP Advanced Importer by giving it a rating 🙂
- Advanced media handling with inline image import with shortcodes and featured image with URLs.
- All in One SEO fields can be imported along with Post, Page and Custom Post.
- Reduces shifting of screen by providing an option for WordPress Custom Field create on the flow of import.
- Dashboard to grasp the details of the import process.
Modules supported To Import
- Core Modules – Post, Page, Custom Post and Users.
- Custom Post – CPT UI and default WordPress Custom Post.
- SEO field – All in One SEO.
Ultimate CSV Importer PRO
Ultimate CSV Importer PRO has all the features of WP Advanced Importer and it is extended with a lot of features that enables to import, schedule and update both XML and CSV files. The import details over a year is mentioned in dashboard chart and the site updates can be tracked in a fraction of a second. Any changes like modifying existing content or appending new content can be done with the update. The update or import can be performed periodically with scheduler. The update or schedule is done with the templates which is created with mapped fields in the mapping section of the import. The export option enables to export the imported modules as CSV based on the filters.
Supported Modules To Import and Export
- Core Module – Post, Page, Custom Post, Category, Tags, Users, Customer Reviews.
- eCommerce Products – WooCommerce, MarketPress, eShop, WP e-Commerce.
- SEO field – All in One SEO and Yoast SEO.
- Custom fields – CustomPress,ACF, Types, Pods, CCTM.
- Custom Post – CustomPress,Types, Pods, CPT UI, CCTM.
- Import inline image with shortcode and featured images with shortcode or external URL.
- The image zip can be uploaded even after the completion of the import flow to populate the shortcode image.
- Supports WooCommerce product import along with 5 WooCommerce add-on such as WooCommerce chained products, WooCommerce pre-orders, WooCommerce retailer, WooCommerce products and WooCommerce returns and warranty.
- Imports MarketPress PRO add-on to import products.
- Registers Custom Fields of ACF, Types, Pods and WordPress fields in the flow of import.
- Supports Custom Posts created with CPT UI, CCTM, Types and Pods.
- Specific record import. (i.e) Selective records in a CSV/XML can be imported or scheduled.
- Imported modules can be managed in the File manager and the logs are maintained in the Log manager.
Try the demo of our WP Ultimate CSV Importer PRO plugin for advanced XML import.
To know more about the product, visit our site
- Extract the wp-advanced-importer.zip in wordpress/wp-content/plugins using FTP or through plugin install in wp-admin.
- Activate the plugin in the WordPress plugin list.
Is there any limitation on file size?
The size of the file is based on the Upload size of your server configuration. The upload_max_filesize should be at least 2M. You can verify your system values in settings -> security and performance.
Can we register any number of Custom fields during import?
Yes, any number of fields can be registered on the flow of import process.
Can we include external URL for image import?
Featured image can be imported from external URL but inline image can be populated only through shortcode.
Is there any format specification for the inline image import ?
Yes, the image folder need to be in zip format and it should contain all the images specified in the shortcode of your uploaded XML.
Why the import button doesn’t get enabled?
The import button will be enabled only after uploading your XML file successfully. If not, verify whether the file is properly formatted.
Couldnt give -5
2.4 out of 5 – and every review negative except one?!
I’m not even going to try it until there’s a new release fixing the PHP / CGI problem.
Thanks, other reviewers, for saving me the grief!
The plugin doesn’t take into consideration that PHP can sometimes installed as CGI. It tries to execute the function apache_get_modules() which is not available in this case, so it crashes with a fatal error.
Even if I removed that function and added an empty array on its place, when I went ahead and tried to upload an xml file to import, it gives a 500 internal server error.
So this plugin needs some serious work. Please don’t submit plugins that are not tested thoroughly.
Use full Plugin
Contributors & Developers
“WP Advanced Importer” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Fixed: “The plugin does not have a valid header” issue.
- Fixed: Issue with Custom Post module.
- Removed: eShop add-on support.
- Fixed: Vulnerability security issue.
- Added: Localize script for multi language support.
- Added: WordPress 4.4.2 and 4.5 Compatibility checked.
- Modified: Enhanced dashboard view.
- Added: eShop product and All in One SEO fields import.
- Added: Create new WordPress Custom Field on the flow of import.
- Added: Advanced media handling with shortcode.
- Added: Author and editor import restriction.
- Added: Error handling with debug mode.
- Added: Dashboard chart to represent import details.
- Modified: New simplified UI to have a better experience.
- Fixed: apache_get_modules() problem is fixed.
- Fixed: ../../../../wp-load.php is removed and WordPress ajax call is used.
- Fixed: Removed the wp-content that are directly used in some files.
- Added: Checked the ABSPATH in each file.
- Fixed: Upload media zip option issue is fixed.
- Fixed: Featured image issue is fixed.
- Fixed: All warnings are fixed.
- Fixed: All minor bugs are fixed.
- Fixed: All typeErrors are fixed.
- Fixed: Reported forum bugs.
- Fixed: warnings fixed
- Added: WordPress 4.2.2 Compatibility checked.
- Fixed: Reported forum bugs.
- Added: WordPress 4.1.1 Compatibility checked.
- Added: WordPress 4.1 compatibility checked.
- Fixed: Importing image related issues.
- Added: Securities and Performance tab.
- Modified: Menu Order changes added to avoid the blank page issues.
- Added: Dynamic Debug mode enable/disable feature in settings module.
- Added support for import XML author.
- Added support for advanced user mapping allows to assign any desired user or create new user.
- Advanced content mapping, user can selectively import their posts attributes and they can edit the mapping by selecting the post types.
- Advanced Media handling user can download their attachment by XML attachment URL or else they can upload the media as a portable zip
- Added support for categories, Tags, post format, WordPress custom fields, featured images, comments etc.
- Hot security fix added.
- Complete revamp of code based on skinny MVC.
- Improved performance.
- Complete change in UI.
- Logs added.
- Duplicate detection added.
- Added: Comments import feature added for posts,pages and custom posts.
- Initial release version. Tested and found to work well without any issues.