This plugin allows you to show your World Community Grid and statistics in the sidebar of your wordpress blog. The data will be updated once a day. The data base of this plugin is a xml-file, which is located here: http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/verifyMember.do?name=YourWCGMemberName&code=YourWCGVerificationCode
- Show your WCG badges/projects, statistics and your team in the sidebar of your blog
- You don’t need HTML knowledge (use a template!)
- You can create and customize your individual WCG-Widget with HTML and over 25 tags (Upload your template for other users!)
- The widget works also if worldcommunitygrid.org is down
- Unzip & Upload the directory
- The directory
/world-community-grid/data/must be writable & executable.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Configure the widget
There are the following input fields in the widget admin panel for the World Community Grid widget:
- Title – The title/topic of the widget
- WCG Member Name – Your World Community Grid member name
- WCG Verification Code – Your Verification Code from your profile
- Choose a template
- If you use no template: ** What HTML should precede the badge items – insert your HTML here, which will be shown above the badges. You can use these  tags. ** HTML of badge items – insert your HTML, which will be generate for every badge. These  tags can be used. ** What HTML should follow the badge items – This HTML will be shown below badges. You can use these  tags. ** x userfield for each project. If you don’t want to use a userfield, empty the fields.
 (use these tags for
What HTML should precede the badge items and
What HTML should follow the badge items)
- [RegisterDate PHPDateFormat] – e.g. [RegisterDate Y-m-d] (Warning: no time available!!)
- [LastResult PHPDateFormat] – e.g. [LastResult d.m.Y H:i] (Warning: time available!)
- [TotalRunTime] – in years:days:hours:minutes:seconds
- [AverageRunTimePerDay] – in years:days:hours:minutes:seconds
- [AverageRunTimePerResult] – in years:days:hours:minutes:seconds
- [TeamRetireDate PHPDateFormat] (Warning: no time available!!)
- [TeamJoinDate PHPDateFormat] (Warning: no time available!!)
- use tags like [TeamName|1] to get team name of your previous team, [TeamRetireDate|2 Y-m-d] for your penultimate team etc.
 (only available for
HTML of badge items)
- [ProjectShortName] – e.g. faah
- [ProjectResearchUrl] – URL to the project research site at WCG
- [BadgePictureUrl] – URL of badge picture!
- [ProjectRunTime] – in years:days:hours:minutes:seconds
- [UserField|1], [UserField|2] … [UserField|n] (if fields are filled out in the widget admin panel)
Please use the comments in my blog entry for questions and feedback.
Contributors & Developers
“World Community Grid – Widget” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
Interested in development?
- New tags for
HTML of badge items: [ProjectRunTime] – in years:days:hours:minutes:seconds, [ProjectPoints], [ProjectResults]
- New user-defined fields for
HTML of badge items: [UserField|1], [UserField|2] … [UserField|n] for own text, links etc.
- Fixed [ProjectResearchUrl]
- I fixed a problem, when the wcg file isn’t available
- Upload your template for other users (your template will be added in the next version of this plugin)
- Plugin is now translatable (Please check out world-community-grid-wiget/wcg_widget.pot and send the .po & .mo to firstname.lastname@example.org – Thanks!). Languages now available: English & German
- JQuery supported Widget Admin-Panel
- Since this version WordPress 2.8 is required (for WP < 2.8 use Version 2.0 of this plugin)
- No badges problem fixed (thx to Winand)
- New Variables (“your actual team”-tags: [TeamName], [TeamId], [TeamRetireDate PHPDateFormat], [TeamJoinDate PHPDateFormat], [TeamRunTime], [TeamPoints], [TeamResults]; you can also use tags like [TeamPoints|0] to get your actual Points for your team; to access older teams in your team history use tags like [TeamName|1] to get the name of your last Team, [TeamJoinDate|2 d-m-Y] to get the date you joined your penultimate team etc.)
- Use templates (with preview) instead of HTML/Code with [variables]
- Badge pictures & XML are now stored in
/data/– easier installation
- Badge Pictures are now stored in
- URL encode problem fixed (thx to Phong)
- WCG Verification Code is now used (
WCG Verification Codeis a required input field)
- RunTime-Variables are now formatted (
- better error messages