- Download the plguin zip file and upload it via "Plugins" --> "Add New" --> "Upload" in wordpress. Alternatively, you choose to search for the term "WordPress Twitter" and install it directly from wordpress.
- Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress
- Visit your "WordPress Twitter" settings (Options -> WordPress Twitter) for WordPress 2.3.x, (Settings -> WordPress Twitter) for WordPress 2.5.x, 2.6.x, 2.7.x, 2.8.x and configure the width, height, timeline and theme for your tweets widget.
- Go to Widgets and add the "WordPress Twitter" widget to your sidebar.
- Alternatively, you can also directly add the following code to wherever you want to display the widget.
That's all folks!
If you have to upgrade manually simply repeat the installation steps.