WordPress Sphinx Search Plugin
WordPress Sphinx Search Plugin allows to use Sphinx Search Server power to enable ultra-fast and feature-rich search on WordPress-based websites.
- Changed plugin release version for WordPress 4.2
- Plugin release for WordPress 4.2
- Plugin code was revised, fixed and tested to use with WordPress 4.2
- Plugin code was revised and tested with WordPress 4.1
- Plugin code was revised and tested with WordPress 4.0 Benny.
- Updated Sphinx Search engine binaries to version 2.1.9.
- Checked compatibility with WP v 3.9. Updated common styles.
- FAQ page is updated. Added description of the problem with Plugin's Wizard.
- Plugin will use static SSE configuration file now instead of dynamic one.
- Updated installer's auto-detection mechanism which will allow user admin to choose pre-installed Sphinx binaries even on Windows platform.
- Updated styles to fit new default theme
- Added support of WP version up to 3.7.1
- New feature: Tags search. added missed files.
- New feature: Added an opportunity to search within post tags.
- Fixed duplicates of statistics when seo URLs are used.
- Fixed bug with single quote character.
- Updates to layout of sphinx installation wizard.
- Small fixes to verification logic of sphinx dirs security.
- There is a warning of insecure files has been added to plugin configuration section
- Fixed bug with unescaped html in snippets
- fix of the bug related with searching for words that are not in the index
- few miscellaneous fixes in the plugin admin zone
- insert into sph_stat table improvement
- Unhooked unnecessary filters
- Added checking Sphinx connection on remote or local server to determine is Sphinx running
- Fixed bug in search term escaping
- Fixed bug in redirect for friendly URLs
- Added friendly URLs support
- Added ability to enable/disable friendly urls in Top/Related and Latest search terms widgets
- Added ability to set maximum number of search results
- Added tag for listing top search terms on a page
- Fixed several bugs
- Added new template tag: top search terms with pagination
- Fixed bug in ss_isComment tag
- Fixed search term highlighting bug
- Added search management tool
- Added search statistics/analytic report
- Added new search mode "Freshness & Relevance"
- Reworked Admin user interface, made it more simple and clear.
- Added ability to add custom search terms to the top of the Top/Related widget
- New option "Show only approved search terms" in Top/Related and Latest widgets
- New option "Show top Searches for last: day, week, months..." in Top/Related widget
- Added option to run php in quiet mode in sphinx.conf to prevent displaying HTTP headers
- Replaced MySQL FullText engine with Sphinx Search in Top/Related and Latest widgets
- Built search management tool and statistics tool over Sphinx Search
- Added custom css styles file (templates/style.css) for search forms
- Ivinco icon looking more smoothly with transparent background
- Added more settings to Top/Related widget.
- A few bug fixes and minor improvements
- Added configuration wizard: you can automatically install or reinstall Sphinx via WordPress wp-admin panel
- Changed default Sphinx installation directory: now Sphinx is installed to WordPress upload directory
- Using shebang syntax for Sphinx configuration file - it allows to hide the connection parameters from the public access
- UI fixes for WordPress wp-admin panel
- Improved error handling: system output is now hidden and human readable error messages were added
- Added a new sidebar widgets for displaying top/related and latest search terms and a widget for the extended search form
- Added search term highlighting for search results (in WordPress' the_excerpt tag)
- Added automatic generation of cron files
- Added Search powered by Sphinx Search engine
- Added sort search resutls by Relevance or Freshness
- Added search by posts, by comments and by pages.
- Added exclude posts, comments or pages from search results.
- Added display comments at search results page.
- Added search non-password protected pages only
- Added search only approved comments
- Added "Match Any" search ability - if no one results was found, then it try to search in "Match Any" mode.
- Added support for tag title of web page - it changed due to entered search keywords
- Added log of all search results, except empty results
- Added tag to display Top-n search keywords
- Added tag to display Latest-n search keywords
- Added relevant keywords support to the Top-n search keywords bar.
- Added support to Disable/Enable search by: comments, posts, pages
- Added support of keywords wrapper settings:
- Add tag Before and After search keyword in body/title
- Separator of result snippets
- Snippet max length
- Maximum number of words around keyword in snippet
- Prefix before Posts, Comments and Pages title
- List of phrases to cut from search results
- Added configuration for Sphinx index prefix
- Added configuration for Host
- Added configuration for Port
- Added configuration for Configuration file
- Added configuration for Searchd file
- Added configuration for Indexer file
- Added support to reindex all content manually
- Added support to stop/start search daemon
- Added support to install Sphinx Search through web interface
Requires: 2.0.2 or higher
Compatible up to: 4.2.2
Last Updated: 2015-4-28
4.8 out of 5 stars
0 of 3 support threads in the last two months have been resolved.
Got something to say? Need help?