The WordPress Sliding Drawer Content Area plugin greatly increases the screen real estate of your wordpress site. The sliding content area is jQuery powered and can be configured to slide from the top, bottom, left or right. Everything in the plugin from the position, color and handle text is customizable and easy to setup.
Once you setup the plugin, you’ll have up to four newly created widget areas that can take any content that a widget area can. A couple of great suggestions for the sliding drawer content area from 61 designs is to using it as a feedback/contact form or as a sliding media gallery for flickr/picasa. The sliding drawer plugin has been tested across all major browsers.
61Designs is using the sliding content plugin on its own website. Visit 61 Designs
to learn more about this plugin and see it in action.
- Login to your wordpress admin
- Go to the Plugins page
- Click “Add New”
- Once you’re on the “Install Plugins” page, click the “Upload” link.
- After you click the upload option, click the “choose file” button, which will open a standard, filesystem dialog. Navigate to where you’ve save the plugin zip, and choose the plugin zip file.
- Once the path to the file is in the box, click the “Install Now button.
- After you’ve done that, your file should now show up in your “Installed Plugins” page.
- Click activate and go to the “Sliding Drawer” menu in your wordpress admin section.
… and bottom tabs are rarer. Most of the plugin choices provide only left or right. So THANK YOU!
I love that it creates a widget (or two, or three). Wow that simplifies things, and makes it uber flexible.
I did do a fair bit of customizing… but I always do. Don’t care for push-button styling.
** only reason for 4 (rather than 5) stars, is because I haven’t tried left / right. Not why what I got this for…
Contributors & Developers
“WordPress Sliding Drawer Plugin” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
Added ability to specify inner width for drawer content area.
- Initial release