A lightweight plugin to add Facebook Opengraph and Schema.org microdata in the section of your blog. The Facebook Opengraph and Schema.org microdata lets you optimize your blog much more better and helps search engines to index your website better to show rich snippet.
This plugin also let Facebook, Google+ and Twitter users to share your blog with proper title, description, url and image.
The post title as Facebook Share/Like title and Microdata title.
The first image found in the post as the Facebook Share/Like thumbnail. Ability to define default thumbnail if no image is found on the post. This also applies for Microdata.
Custom excerpt as the Facebook Share/Like description. Brings the first 250 characters of the blog post if no custom excerpt is found. This also applies for Microdata.
The Post URL as the Facebook Share/Like URL. Doesn’t matter if you have pretty permalinks on. This also applies to Microdata.
Add more rick snippets,
Installing and customizing is easy, just follow these simple steps:
- Use FTP or an files manager to upload ‘generator-tags’ folder to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory.
- Login wordpress admin and Activate the plugin ‘wordpress-plugin-seo-and-facebook-opengraph-and-google-schema’ through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Important: Open your header.php of your themes in folder: wp-contents/themes/yourthemesname/header.php and add itemscope itemtype=”http://schema.org/Blog” to your tag so like that: .
- Change the default thumbnail to your own. Just replace the ‘tinbaohiem.png’ in plugin ‘images’ folder.
- Why I can’t see any Options Page
It’s not yet added. I have plans to add custom values in future releases.
- How do I check if the plugin is working?
Check your page source and see the tags at section.
Contributors & Developers
“wordpress-plugin-seo-and-facebook-opengraph-and-google-schema” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
Tested for 3.8.1
- Intro Version