WordPress Domain Changer helps administrator to move his blog into another domain without knowing the SQL query. Just 1 click install plugin and activate , you can use this tools easily.
The feature of this tools is as follows :
- Move domain name e.g : http://olddomainname.com into http://newdomainname.com easily.
- Move subdirectories e.g : http://mydomainname.com/blog into http://mydomainname.com/wordpress easily.
Only 3 Steps :
Download the Zip file and extract everything and put them into your /wp-content/plugins/ directory. Activate the plugin from the Plugins menu in WordPress administration page.
Go to Domain Name Changer menu under the Settings tab, and insert your old domain name into the textbox (don’t forget to insert the http:// before your old domain name) and then insert your new domain name (don’t forget to insert the http:// before your new domain name)
Move all your WordPress folder and database to your new domain, and open your new domain name in your browser. That’s it ðŸ™‚ .
- Can I delete this plugin after use it?
Sure….this plugin just use once. When you finish move your domain, uninstall it.
- Is there any problem if I use this with WP version under 2.7?
I haven’t tested it yet. But I think there’s no problem…but remember to backup your database first before you do that ðŸ™‚
- Can I use it to move folder name?
You also can use this plugin to move your blog folder from http://mydomainname.com/blog into http://mydomainname.com/wordpress
Contributors & Developers
“Domain name changer” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
Interested in development?
- Moving domain name standard from old domain name to new domain name