Let customers upload a file after completing an order and attach this to an order.
The WooCommerce Upload My File plugin allows customers to upload a file an attach it to an order. Once an Order is processed a button will appear in the order overview page and a file upload screen will appear on order-detail page.
The plugin adds a new side panel on the order detail page to allow shop managers to download the attached files.
For more information, check out our website.
This free version may be used as is. If you want more options and support you can buy WooCommerce Uploads for only € 35,00.
With our PRO version it’s possible to upload more than one file per product, whitelist or blacklist file types, let users delete files, get a preview of uploaded files and images (thumbs), specifiy file upload titles (example: Page 1, Frontside, Backside, etc).
For a full list of features, please visit our website.
- Upload customize your products
- Allow one upload per product
- Localisation: English, German, Spanish (not completed) & Dutch
Credit where credit is due: This plugin here is inspired and based on the work of patrickgarman, garmantech and the awesome “WooCommerce Pay to Upload” plugin!
This plugin is compatible with WordPress 4.6 and WooCommerce 2.6.x.
Go to WooCommerce > Upload My File, configure and start uploading. Simple!
- Install WooCommerce Upload My File either via the WordPress.org plugin directory or by uploading the files to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Go to plugin settings under WooCommerce –> Upload My File
- Select allowed file type, max upload size, required order statusses (VERY IMPORTANT!)
- Go to a product and select the “Enable” checkbox under “Upload Files” (normally below your product images)
- Can I contact you by email if I have questions about WooCommerce Upload My File FREE?
No, only customers who have purchased our PRO plugin may contact us by email. The WordPress.org forums are available for FREE users and we always answer as quick as possible.
- Why are uploads not shown?
Uploads are only shown if:
1. The order status matches the required configurated order status in plugin settings. Go to WooCommerce –> Upload My File and select a required order status.
2. Uploads are enabled for a purchased product. For this go to Products, edit a product and hit the “Enable” checkbox in the “Upload Files” box (normally in the right column).
- Is it possible to style the custom “My account template”?
Yes it is, you can place an override file in wp-content/themes/your-theme/woocommerce/myaccount/my-account.php, or just style it using your own stylesheet (CSS).
- Where can I find the plugin template directory to find the my account template override?
Normally it is in wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-upload-my-file/templates/
- Where can I find more information about this plugin?
You can find more information on our website.
- Is it possible to upload multiple files
WooCommerce Upload My File FREE has only one upload box for one file. If you need to upload multiple files check out our website for WooCommerce Uploads.
- What is the difference between the Free and Pro versions of this plugin?
You may use the free version as it is. When you buy WooCommerce Uploads you get a lot more options: allow more than one upload per product, white or blacklist file-types, let users delete files, default enable file upload for products and more.
For a full list of features, please check out our website.
- Why is there a PRO version?
We want to give everyone the opportunity to use and try our plugins, but if you want to get more options and access to our support section you can buy our PRO version. WooCommerce Uploads costs only EUR 35,00.
This plugin does exactly what I need for it to do. The only reason why I did not give it a five star was because it only allows you to upload AFTER the checkout. I did understand this when I first decided to use this plugin… but when I tested it in Sandbox mode, thats when I realized how many extra steps it took to upload it afterwards versus being able to upload it during the check out process.
Also, it took me a while to figure out where to find the document on my end. I read through the instructions but could not find where we should go to find the document the customer uploaded. I did eventually figure it out.
while ordering, cart page, checkout page…..
i think need updation.
Contributors & Developers
“WooCommerce Upload My File” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
WooCommerce Upload My File
2016.06.17 – version 0.4.0
- Fixed several bugs
2016.05.09 – version 0.3.9
- Made compatible with WooCommerce 2.6
- Fixed: Changed home to site url for download link in admin
2016.04.15 – version 0.3.8
- Fixed: get_formatted_legacy notice
2015.12.04 – version 0.3.7
- Tweak: dots (.) in filetypes are automatically removed for usability
2015.09.29 – version 0.3.6
- Fixed: Fixed bug on order template
2014.09.15 – version 0.3.5
- Fixed: Fixed bug when using WC 2.2.2
2014.09.01 – version 0.3.4
- Fixed: Several small bug fixes
2014.08.11 – version 0.3.3
- Fixed: The plugin is now compatible with WooCommerce 2.2.-bleeding and WordPress 4.0-beta3
2014.07.31 – version 0.3.2
- Fixed: Error when strict error reporting is enabled
- Fixed: Open a uploaded file in order overview also works on localhost now
2014.03.12 – version 0.3.1
- Changed & Added: A couple of language strings, so please update your translations.
- Fix: E-mail link will work from now – Please update your template overrides! We no longer use the template overrides in woocommerce-upload-my-file/templates/emails
2014.01.12 – version 0.3
- Ready for WooCommerce 2.1 (Tested on WooCommerce 2.1 Beta 3)
- Several small tweaks
2013.12.12 – version 0.2.6
- Changed: Minor layout modifications for WordPress 3.8
2013.12.06 – version 0.2.5
- Fixed: small bug fix on order number display
2013.07.29 – version 0.2.4
- Fixed: Several small bugfixes – thanks to kaykay84
2013.07.27 – version 0.2.3
- Added: uninstall.php which removes all plugin data
- Fixed: Several small bugfixes – thanks to Christian Habenicht
2013.07.16 – version 0.2.2
- Fixed: Several small bugfixes
- Added: German translation, thanks to Leo Filipczak.
2013.05.28 – version 0.2.1
- Changed: Corrected language string in file templates/myaccount/my-orders.php (Thanks to: Adam)
2013.05.28 – version 0.2
- Added default CSS
2013.03.29 – version 0.1
- First release