Shortcodes included with WooCommerce lacks on the possibility to display products in post or pages filtering them by a custom taxonomy type.
For example in the scenario where we have a custom taxonomy type for products which is called Vendors and this one contains Apple, Samsung, LG, Motorola, Microsoft, … as taxonomy tags elements. If we like to display only the products by Apple in a page or post, here this odd tweak plugin comes to the rescue.
[woo_products_custom_tax tax_name="vendor" tax_tags="apple" columns="4" template="product" qty="10" order="DESC"]
- tax_name (string) (required): The custom taxonomy slug.
- tax_tags (string) (required): The custom taxonomy tags slug. Accepts also multiple tags as an array separated by comma (tax_tags=”apple,samsung”).
- columns (integer) (optional, default = 4): The ammount of products/colums to display per row.
- template (string) (optional, default = “product”): Specifies the WooCommerce template file to use for displaying products. e.g. Instead of loading the default file
/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/templates/content-product.phpyou might want to use your custom template override file
/wp-content/themes/twentyfifteen/woocommerce/content-my-custom-product-file.php. For this case you can load the template like (template=”my-custom-product-file”).
- qty (integer) (optional, default = 10): The max ammount of products to display per page/output.
- order (string) (optional, default = ‘DESC’): The order of products to display per page/output. ‘ASC’ – ascending order from lowest to highest values. ‘DESC’ – descending order from highest to lowest values.
For pagination support please install Shortcode Pagination for WooCommerce.
Pull requests for fixes, new features and enhancements are welcome on GitHub 😉
- Search for “Woocommerce – Products By Custom Tax” on the WordPress Plugin directory from your WordPress site dashboard or download it.
- Install the plugin.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
Contributors & Developers
“Woocommerce – Products By Custom Tax” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Fix – Added missing plugin core files from subfolders.
- Feature – Added pagination support powered by Shortcode Pagination for WooCommerce plugin.
- Core – Rewritten all plugin codebase.
- Feature – Added ‘order’ parameter.
- Feature – Addded ability to load custom product display template file.
- Fix – Prevent plugin directory listing.
- Misc – Prefix functions for better code standards.
- Prevent data leaks.
- Display error message in the dashboard in case WooCommerce core plugin is not installed and activated.
- Plugin initial release.