Restrict access to any WooCommerce product, depending on the ownership and/or purchase of other, prerequisite items.
- Conditional product access based on the ownership and/or purchase of prerequisite items.
- Streamlined admin interface – prerequisite products are entered in a dedicated Dependencies tab.
- Support for multiple product dependencies.
- Support for “ownership”, “purchase” and “ownership/purchase” dependency types.
Developers can checkout and contribute to the source code on the plugin’s GitHub Repository.
Important: Requires WooCommerce 2.2+. WooCommerce 2.4+ or higher recommended.
The integration of Product Dependencies with WooCommerce is as straightforward and simple as possible. When a product is added to the cart, it is checked for existing dependencies. If the ownership and/or purchase criteria are not met, the product will not be added to the cart and a notification will be displayed.
Product dependencies can be created by simply clicking on the new Dependencies tab, found under Product Data, and adding products to the Product Dependencies field.
After saving, access to your product will be enabled conditionally, based on the ownership and/or purchase of ANY item that has been added to the Product Dependencies field.
Ownership vs Purchase
The plugin allows you to select between 3 different dependency types:
- Ownership: Access is granted only to customers that already own any of the items added to the Product Dependencies field.
- Purchase: The product can be purchased only in combination with any of the items added to the Product Dependencies field. Ownership is not taken into account.
- Either: Access is granted with ownership or purchase of any item added to the Product Dependencies field.
Just installed your plugin in combination with woocommerce sensei and subscriptions and so far it looks like it does exactly what I was looking for, thanks!
This plugin is exactly what I've been looking for. It does what it is supposed to do quite flawlessly and has no conflict with my other plugins or theme. A few suggestions: (1) A simple way to customize the dependencies error message. ie. Currently it lists each product that you may add to cart to purchase a dependent product. But when there's dozens of products that can do this, the error message is massive, listing each one off. It would be nice to be able to customize this note to one's liking. (2) Reverse dependencies ie. If you add product x to your cart then you CANNOT purchase product y. You must first remove product x in order to purchase product y. (3) Quantity based dependencies ie. If you want to purchase product x, you have to purchase at least quantity 5 of product y. Maybe you could add those features and call it a "Pro" version and sell it. I'd gladly pay money to have those features available.
- Fix – Dependencies not working under WC < 3.0 after last update. Fixed!
- Refactored and cleaned up plugin.
- Fix – Added support for WooCommerce 3.0.
- Tweak – Add links to dependent products in notices.
- Fix – Stray “or” in dependent products list when only one dependency is present.
- Localization – Added Brazilian Portuguese translation.
- Fix – PHP array_values warning.
- Fix – WC 2.3 support.
- Localization – Added Brazilian translation (robertopc)
- Fix – Saving bug
- Fix – WC detection fix
- Tweak – Styling support for WooCommerce v2 write-panels
- Initial release